Regassing of PVC windows

Found 6th May 2015
Hi, someone mentioned recently about getting their pvc double glazing glass panels that were dosed, seal broken down, regassed! Can't find the post to ask more questions but very interested in knowing more about this process. Any input from anyone would be most grateful! Thanks in advance!

1. Ask
  2. Windows
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Windows
15 Comments

Just avoid Anglian Windows for any work is the best advice I can give you, DIRE.

Here tis

Area/postcode? Usually they are completely replaced as there's more work involved dismantalling and cleaning the old unit than the cost of a new one.
Glass is cheapish , it's the fitting and warranty that costs.

far cheaper to get replacement glass and DIY

longbowassassin

Just avoid Anglian Windows for any work is the best advice I can give … Just avoid Anglian Windows for any work is the best advice I can give you, DIRE.

Assuming you've had a bad experience with AWs?

Flynn Jack

Assuming you've had a bad experience with AWs?

VERY...

longbowassassin

VERY...

Sorry to hear that. Have you resolved problem?
Product is the same as most other window suppliers but they charge premium price for what should be a premium product and service however this is not always the case.

Original Poster

Flynn Jack

Here tisArea/postcode? Usually they are completely replaced as there's … Here tisArea/postcode? Usually they are completely replaced as there's more work involved dismantalling and cleaning the old unit than the cost of a new one.Glass is cheapish , it's the fitting and warranty that costs.

Many thanks for your assistance! I'm in Northern Ireland!

Original Poster

Thanks all - just phone our original supplier, they don't reseal/re-gas, they recommend replacements!
Might have to save some pennies are we have a few that need replaced!

mousey

Thanks all - just phone our original supplier, they don't reseal/re-gas, … Thanks all - just phone our original supplier, they don't reseal/re-gas, they recommend replacements!Might have to save some pennies are we have a few that need replaced!

Its only around £40 per window

What area do you live? It might be worthwhile going to your local Upvc stockists and asking for reccomendations, they will deal with window fitters who would be able to replace the units at a good price, Heres a link to get a rough price but its from one supplier but might be worth a look to give you a rough idea of costs
christieglass.com/pri…php
Edited by: "fpine21" 6th May 2015

chocci

Its only around £40 per window

Not quite, price will vary according to the type of glass and size of unit. IE: plain, obsure,"stained", toughend, laminated, low emmission, triple glazed, etc and the larger the unit the more it will cost.
EG: A fan light may cost £10 but a patio will be £120 plus fitting.
Recently renewed 4 conservatory roof lites for a customer just under £2500. They had a few quotes and didn't quible at mine, asking if they owed more?
You may have problems replacing older, thiner DG units as some narrow spacer bars may not be available.

Flynn Jack

Not quite, price will vary according to the type of glass and size of … Not quite, price will vary according to the type of glass and size of unit. IE: plain, obsure,"stained", toughend, laminated, low emmission, triple glazed, etc and the larger the unit the more it will cost. EG: A fan light may cost £10 but a patio will be £120 plus fitting.Recently renewed 4 conservatory roof lites for a customer just under £2500. They had a few quotes and didn't quible at mine, asking if they owed more?You may have problems replacing older, thiner DG units as some narrow spacer bars may not be available.

I was going by a standard window around 120cm by 40cm

Mine cost around £28 per window and took about 20 minutes each to replace

Flynn Jack

Sorry to hear that. Have you resolved problem?Product is the same as most … Sorry to hear that. Have you resolved problem?Product is the same as most other window suppliers but they charge premium price for what should be a premium product and service however this is not always the case.

Unfortunately, Anglian Windows couldn't careless if the customer is happy its all about sales for them.

[/quote]Unfortunately, Anglian Windows couldn't careless if the customer is happy its all about sales for them.[/quote]
We'll all take your money, unfortunately some are more agressive and couldn't give a shoot after!

My plasma has just been regassed windows next
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions