Found 29th Sep 2007
Does anyone have much interest in these any longer?

Just deciding whether to get rid of the Region 1 DVDs in my collection, as I have a fair few and have now ditched the Multiregion DVD Player to just use the 360 as my media player...

Now that means that I basically cannot play Region 1 DVDs unless someone can tell me otherwise.

Reckon there would be much interest in purchasing them?

1. Misc
  2. DVD
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. DVD
14 Comments

Most DVD players can be easily made region free, try ]Videohelp for hack details.

What is the make and model No. of yours?

Original Poster

barneydog

Most DVD players can be easily made region free, try ]Videohelp for hack … Most DVD players can be easily made region free, try ]Videohelp for hack details.What is the make and model No. of yours?

Err...

Make: Microsoft Xbox

Model: 360

Sloth/Mod

I'd never even tried, so i just bunged one in the 360 and no it can't play them. :-(

I'd have thought you'd get interest in the DVD's though as most people have multi-region players nowdays. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

It's going to be down to the software on the machine, but really can't see how this can be modified without the new chip or hacking the firmware, which I'm not prepared to do...

Will prob just list them and hope I can get the R2 variants cheap enough...

Sloth/Mod

Or you can make back ups of them and remove the Region code. The 360 will play them then.

Original Poster

True, but would take some faffing...

I'll just bite the bullet, flog them and keep a list so I can build the collection back up (maybe with HD-DVDs if they're available).

Cheers for the idea though :thumbsup:

Browni

True, but would take some faffing...I'll just bite the bullet, flog them … True, but would take some faffing...I'll just bite the bullet, flog them and keep a list so I can build the collection back up (maybe with HD-DVDs if they're available).Cheers for the idea though :thumbsup:

Why not just buy a dirt cheap dvd player & hack it. :? Bound to be less hassle than flogging the collection and building it back up again.

Original Poster

It's more a case of space under the TV...

That's why I got rid of the DVD Player in favour of the 360.

list them, if i can get my dvd ti work multiregion all buy them

Banned

Browni

It's more a case of space under the TV...That's why I got rid of the DVD … It's more a case of space under the TV...That's why I got rid of the DVD Player in favour of the 360.

Better of buying another DVD player and getting rid of the toy!:giggle:

Browni

It's more a case of space under the TV...That's why I got rid of the DVD … It's more a case of space under the TV...That's why I got rid of the DVD Player in favour of the 360.

How often do you watch the region 1's....I've got those cheapass Compaks DVD's in our bedrooms & they've played just about anything I've thrown @ them & are small enough to sling in a drawer & drag out as & when you need??!?

Might as well get a bluray player, we all know its going to win the war

Original Poster

shellscreativeca

list them, if i can get my dvd ti work multiregion all buy them

Listed them yesterday...

hotukdeals.com/for…591

guv - It's an all rounder, plus a DVD Player can't stream files from the PC upstairs if you get my drift...

C32 - Not as often, but that would be mainly down to not being able to any longer.

Titchimp - We shall see ;-)

Banned

Browni

guv - It's an all rounder, plus a DVD Player can't stream files from the … guv - It's an all rounder, plus a DVD Player can't stream files from the PC upstairs if you get my drift...

Er - I know..... It was meant as a tease!!! :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Money Saving Tips...2341
    2. Which wall design do you like best?89
    3. word association Game74244939
    4. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52522901

See more discussions