Regions for local deals is now live on site - how do I use it?

Posted 9th Oct
We've just released regions for local deals which should mean you're able to find the best deals local to you but also remove deals from your local feed which you aren't able to benefit from.

Why these locations? We looked at visitor stats by location and added as many as we could to provide as wide a range as possible. It would have been impossible to add every city and town in the UK so if your location isn't in the list you select the closest.

How to set your region via the website:

Select Filter (top right under Submit)

Untick Hide Local Deals to enable the regions

From here you can select as many as you like

3306581.jpg

How to set your region via the apps:

iOS:

Click your avatar to go to your account
Select Dealfeeds settings
Under DEALS - Select location(s)
National will be default but select as many locations as you need (selection National again will tick all locations)

Android:

Click three lines on top right on app
Select settings
Click Application
Click Local Deals Filter
Select as many as you need

Any questions please let us know!
Community Updates
Official Announcements
Top comments
"Regions for local deals is now live on site - how do I use it?"

Well if you don't know, what chance have we got
16 Comments
Did you do the geography for this by any chance???!!
fern3709/10/2019 16:32

Did you do the geography for this by any chance???!!

Hey!! You said you were going to keep quiet about that
magicjay198609/10/2019 16:35

Hey!! You said you were going to keep quiet about that

my lips are sealed tightly!!!
Just posted my first local deals under the new system

Hope I have done it correctly

Will be nice not be bothering people who aren’t local
myusernamehasgone23409/10/2019 17:55

Just posted my first local deals under the new system Hope I have …Just posted my first local deals under the new system Hope I have done it correctly Will be nice not be bothering people who aren’t local

38635524-lM7GI.jpg
why do you have a problem with outsiders?
Treboeth09/10/2019 18:35

[Image] why do you have a problem with outsiders?

I absolutely don’t have a problem with outsiders and happily share with everyone on here.

It’s just those Castleford deals pick up a lot of cold votes from people who are miffed they can’t get them.

I know they aren’t cheaper anywhere else.
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 9th Oct
"Regions for local deals is now live on site - how do I use it?"

Well if you don't know, what chance have we got
Local deals for local people.

the only deals I want.
richp09/10/2019 22:32

"Regions for local deals is now live on site - how do I use it?" Well if …"Regions for local deals is now live on site - how do I use it?" Well if you don't know, what chance have we got

+1
Never worked out how to view local deals only so all a bit pointless
chocci10/10/2019 05:08

+1Never worked out how to view local deals only so all a bit pointless

Without a location filter I guess that would not have been too useful for people but now we have regions it could work. I can add it as a feature request. Just to be sure - you'd want to see ONLY local deals? It might be we can utilise the custom tab for this.
magicjay198610/10/2019 10:08

Without a location filter I guess that would not have been too useful for …Without a location filter I guess that would not have been too useful for people but now we have regions it could work. I can add it as a feature request. Just to be sure - you'd want to see ONLY local deals? It might be we can utilise the custom tab for this.

I cant say I have noticed local deals at all on this site. I have set my region but the normal deals view looks exactly the same so I dont understand the point of setting this filter
chocci10/10/2019 10:16

I cant say I have noticed local deals at all on this site. I have set my …I cant say I have noticed local deals at all on this site. I have set my region but the normal deals view looks exactly the same so I dont understand the point of setting this filter

What you are doing is filtering out local deals which aren't in your area. Before this feature was added you weren't able to remove those deals you weren't interested in.

Say for example you live in Surrey, you'd select Surrey (or South East) only so you no longer see deals only available for stores in West Midlands, Yorkshire etc.
magicjay198610/10/2019 10:23

What you are doing is filtering out local deals which aren't in your area. …What you are doing is filtering out local deals which aren't in your area. Before this feature was added you weren't able to remove those deals you weren't interested in. Say for example you live in Surrey, you'd select Surrey (or South East) only so you no longer see deals only available for stores in West Midlands, Yorkshire etc.

Thanks. I get it but have never noticed deals specifically for any region anyway so makes no difference to me. All deals appear to be national

Eg. hotukdeals.com/dea…651

hotukdeals.com/dea…627
Edited by: "chocci" 10th Oct
chocci10/10/2019 10:34

Thanks. I get it but have never noticed deals specifically for any region …Thanks. I get it but have never noticed deals specifically for any region anyway so makes no difference to me. All deals appear to be nationalEg. https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/chanel-no5-edp-50ml-and-others-3305651

That one was posted just before we introduced these regions. To give you an idea though, refresh that deal now though and you'll see it is assigned to the correct region so it won't appear in the National view anymore, only Local - Greater Manchester.
magicjay198610/10/2019 10:38

That one was posted just before we introduced these regions. To give you …That one was posted just before we introduced these regions. To give you an idea though, refresh that deal now though and you'll see it is assigned to the correct region so it won't appear in the National view anymore, only Local - Greater Manchester.

Yeah, that is no longer showing fire me. This will only work if you make it so local deals can't be posted as national like most still seem to be. The option to only see local deals would be great.

hotukdeals.com/dea…876

hotukdeals.com/dea…034
Still get alerts for deals that are local to other regions e.g I only have SOUTH EAST selected but this appears in my alerts

hotukdeals.com/dea…=11
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants