Register to use both T-Mobile and Orange Mobile Networks

7 replies
7 Comments

Really useful thanks i often don't get signal with t-mobile.

does it cost any more? if not good deal, but a thought it would happen automatically.

Original Poster

databar

does it cost any more? if not good deal, but a thought it would happen … does it cost any more? if not good deal, but a thought it would happen automatically.

It's a stop gap, as I understand it, until the networks are fully merged on a hardware level, the "other" network will appear as a roaming network, but WITHOUT any roaming charges.

So you have access to both networks but it won't be "seem" normal I suppose until we are used to it.

2011+ I imagine until proper integration.
Also using this registration process staggers the process nicely for them, also I suspect we're part of a large beta test for them to see how it goes practically.

Original Poster

Forgot to say, if you do get problems with it, you can always turn off automatic network control and manually select T-Mobile or Orange, ie your main network, which it'll always find and not any other.

Just signed up with my Hero and Nokia5800

Get awful orange signal at home but then when it drops to nothing it switches to tmobile automatically. Fantastic! 4 or 5 bars of signal. I can actually use my phone at home haha!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769551
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247659
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA22133
    4. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…22

See more discussions