registration's now open for the Big Switch Event 8 (Moneysavingexpert)

Found 30th Aug 2017
Just a heads up as the next big switch for Gas and Electricity is coming next week.
You need to register to be able to take advantage of this
I switched last year and halved my gas and electric bill.
With prices on the rise again it's worth checking if you could be paying less.

Hope it helps someone
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
You get what you pay for. Cheap gas takes longer to heat the house up and hot water. It smells cheap too. Since we started using more expensive electric our kettle boils much quicker. TV picture is better too as cheap elec is not as refined and messes with your hz on the big plasma. I've heard cheap gas leaves deposits in your gas pipes too resulting in build ups and low pressure etc. My Mrs hairdryer drys her perm in half the time too. My son reckons that the lads on his FIFA 14 run faster on the ps2.
Just saying.
Its like when im running the taxi on cheap supermarket fuel innit.
Stay one step ahead!
52 Comments
deleted1545998
Anyone paying less than 12p per kW of leccy ? on a non-eco7 tariff ?
How do u know it's next week?
deleted154599830th Aug 2017

Yeah
Original Poster
Wiliamshakesbeer6 m ago

I had a email from them today and I quote

"Cheapest 2-winter energy fix - many could save £250/yr+. Lock in a cheap rate until Mar 2019 with this Green Network Energy tariff. It costs a typical £866/yr - the cheapest 2-winter fix, though we've little feedback on the supplier. Switch through Cheap Energy Club and you'll get £30 dual-fuel cashback till Friday (£25 after). Plus registration's now open for our Big Switch Event 8. Next week, we're hoping to bring you a 1yr fixed deal. If you get this email, you're automatically registered, but suggest friends, family and colleagues check if they're registered (and register if not)."

Tariff Name:IRESA Flex 4 12 month Fixed Direct Debit, ELECTRICITY
Description:IRESA Flex 4 12 month Fixed Direct Debit (Dual Fuel Single Rate)
Rate1:10.900p/kWh
Daily Charge:13.430p

You could try Iresa, they were less than 12p on both their E7 and single rate tariffs in my area.
Original Poster

Yep , 8.37p per kWh
But what's your standard charge mines 20.77p per day
When you say register, do you mean energy club? Or a spicific sign up page for the big switch event? I'm signed up with them and haven't had email, been with them for a few years too :-/ can't find a specific page for big switch.
Edited by: "stoneblade" 30th Aug 2017
stoneblade1 m ago

When you say register, do you mean energy club? Or a spicific sign up page …When you say register, do you mean energy club? Or a spicific sign up page for the big switch event? I'm signed up with them and haven't had email, been with them for a few years too :-/ can't find a specific page for big switch.

If you're already registered to the cheap energy club you're eligible but until they make the specific switch deal live there's no page or link.
melted8 m ago

You could try Iresa, they were less than 12p on both their E7 and single …You could try Iresa, they were less than 12p on both their E7 and single rate tariffs in my area.

When I switched very recently, the best rates I could find in my area were Iresa 11.352p per kw/h (day rate) for electricity, and 2.468p inc vat per kw/h for gas with SSE (energy helpline deal). Both a bit of a hike on my previous suppliers' rates though
Edited by: "melted" 30th Aug 2017
You get what you pay for. Cheap gas takes longer to heat the house up and hot water. It smells cheap too. Since we started using more expensive electric our kettle boils much quicker. TV picture is better too as cheap elec is not as refined and messes with your hz on the big plasma. I've heard cheap gas leaves deposits in your gas pipes too resulting in build ups and low pressure etc. My Mrs hairdryer drys her perm in half the time too. My son reckons that the lads on his FIFA 14 run faster on the ps2.
Just saying.
Its like when im running the taxi on cheap supermarket fuel innit.
Stay one step ahead!
MRGRINGO4 m ago

You get what you pay for. Cheap gas takes longer to heat the house up and …You get what you pay for. Cheap gas takes longer to heat the house up and hot water. It smells cheap too. Since we started using more expensive electric our kettle boils much quicker. TV picture is better too as cheap elec is not as refined and messes with your hz on the big plasma. I've heard cheap gas leaves deposits in your gas pipes too resulting in build ups and low pressure etc. My Mrs hairdryer drys her perm in half the time too. My son reckons that the lads on his FIFA 14 run faster on the ps2. Just saying.Its like when im running the taxi on cheap supermarket fuel innit.Stay one step ahead!

Is it a full moon tonight?
Banned
Wiliamshakesbeer33 m ago

That internet thing has billions of pages on, might have been one of them! Pfft
MRGRINGO9 m ago

You get what you pay for. Cheap gas takes longer to heat the house up and …You get what you pay for. Cheap gas takes longer to heat the house up and hot water. It smells cheap too. Since we started using more expensive electric our kettle boils much quicker. TV picture is better too as cheap elec is not as refined and messes with your hz on the big plasma. I've heard cheap gas leaves deposits in your gas pipes too resulting in build ups and low pressure etc. My Mrs hairdryer drys her perm in half the time too. My son reckons that the lads on his FIFA 14 run faster on the ps2. Just saying.Its like when im running the taxi on cheap supermarket fuel innit.Stay one step ahead!

Lol, lol & lol again
My fixed deal with BG comes to an end next month. Got the deal through MSE collective - less than 9p Kwh electric, cheapest now in my area is just over 12p - OUCH!! Thankfully gas hasn't gone up.
Gone with separate gas & electric deals with NPower & Zebra.
Meh. They need to sort econ 7 deals out too. You barely need any help if your a dual fuel wonder.
u6645413 m ago

My fixed deal with BG comes to an end next month. Got the deal through MSE …My fixed deal with BG comes to an end next month. Got the deal through MSE collective - less than 9p Kwh electric, cheapest now in my area is just over 12p - OUCH!! Thankfully gas hasn't gone up.Gone with separate gas & electric deals with NPower & Zebra.

Is there a reason you didn't wait for the next energy club collective deal?
Found I've always been able to get a better deal than these "Big Fixes" -by simply combining one of the best U switch deals with the best cashback deals .

Look up the best 3 or 4 deals on U switch ,find the annual cost then subtract the cashback paid through TCB . This gives you the cheapest annual deal .

Remember you are only using Uswitch to find a good price , don't actually do your switch there (you get a paltry £20-£30 Cash back) . Go to the supplier (chosen in previous paragraph) through TCB and switch to that supplier on the suppliers web page . Has always worked out cheaper for me than these so called collective switches run by the Mail and MSE .
Edited by: "rogparki" 30th Aug 2017
MRGRINGO21 m ago

Best post on here for a LONG time.

I tip my cap to you
MRGRINGO23 m ago

You know many of the HUKD sheep won't realise you are "aving a larf "
PTibbets40 m ago

Search yourself & then go through Quidco or TCB Why profit …Search yourself & then go through Quidco or TCB Why profit MoneySavingExpert?

The last two times I did the collective switch MSE gave me £30 cashback, £15 per fuel.
Mynameis601 h, 15 m ago

Tariff Name:IRESA Flex 4 12 month Fixed Direct Debit, …Tariff Name:IRESA Flex 4 12 month Fixed Direct Debit, ELECTRICITYDescription:IRESA Flex 4 12 month Fixed Direct Debit (Dual Fuel Single Rate)Rate1:10.900p/kWhDaily Charge:13.430p

Check our MSE feedback they wouldn't recommend them at the moment or at least said that last week.
PTibbets1 h, 6 m ago

Search yourself & then go through Quidco or TCB Why profit …Search yourself & then go through Quidco or TCB Why profit MoneySavingExpert?

I prefer convenience
Our deal with BG finishes early Oct. If we stay with them and go on their standard tariff the monthly payments will go from £85 to £127. Will be hoping another collective deal comes available soon from the energy club.
PTibbets9 h, 33 m ago

Last time I switched I got £78 quidco.Do you get it?

No I've never used any of the cashback sites , are they any good ?
Destard10 h, 57 m ago

Is there a reason you didn't wait for the next energy club collective deal?

There didn't seem to be one on the near horizon.
deleted1545998
englands2812 h, 35 m ago

Yep , 8.37p per kWh But what's your standard charge mines 20.77p per day

21p for mine. ToTo Energy can't wait to leave them, so disorganised.
Edited by: "deleted1545998" 31st Aug 2017
loumar762 h, 5 m ago

No I've never used any of the cashback sites , are they any good ?

They are great for some things, like broadband deals. But I've found that the energy deals offering cashback would usually work out more expensive for me, as the cheapest energy suppliers generally don't do commission. They may work out better for a lighter user I suppose.

That said, I think the deal I signed up for with SSE is supposed to come with a £15 cashback, it was some sort of "collective" deal via one of the energy comparison sites, and ignoring the cashback, was the cheapest gas unit price I could find.
Edited by: "melted" 31st Aug 2017
Original Poster
deleted154599831st Aug 2017

21p for mine. ToTo Energy can't wait to leave them, so disorganised.

My price was with BG on the big switch last year , my price goes up £500 for the year if I stay with them, time to switch again !!
englands2818 h, 53 m ago

I had a email from them today and I quote"Cheapest 2-winter energy fix - …I had a email from them today and I quote"Cheapest 2-winter energy fix - many could save £250/yr+. Lock in a cheap rate until Mar 2019 with this Green Network Energy tariff. It costs a typical £866/yr - the cheapest 2-winter fix, though we've little feedback on the supplier. Switch through Cheap Energy Club and you'll get £30 dual-fuel cashback till Friday (£25 after). Plus registration's now open for our Big Switch Event 8. Next week, we're hoping to bring you a 1yr fixed deal. If you get this email, you're automatically registered, but suggest friends, family and colleagues check if they're registered (and register if not)."

Strange! I usually get emails from them but I haven't received this myself, hence why I asked. Thanks for the heads-up anyway. Ta
Graham197918 h, 32 m ago

That internet thing has billions of pages on, might have been one of them! …That internet thing has billions of pages on, might have been one of them! Pfft

Contribution appreciated. Thanks
melted6 h, 52 m ago

They are great for some things, like broadband deals. But I've found that …They are great for some things, like broadband deals. But I've found that the energy deals offering cashback would usually work out more expensive for me, as the cheapest energy suppliers generally don't do commission. They may work out better for a lighter user I suppose.That said, I think the deal I signed up for with SSE is supposed to come with a £15 cashback, it was some sort of "collective" deal via one of the energy comparison sites, and ignoring the cashback, was the cheapest gas unit price I could find.

Thanks for the info, I will look into it.
nannafish11 h, 9 m ago

Our deal with BG finishes early Oct. If we stay with them and go on their …Our deal with BG finishes early Oct. If we stay with them and go on their standard tariff the monthly payments will go from £85 to £127. Will be hoping another collective deal comes available soon from the energy club.

You could just call British Gas and what contract they will offer you... you don't have to go onto svr...
Original Poster
loumar7614 h, 33 m ago

Thanks for the info, I will look into it.

Download the toolbar for your pc as when u are internet shopping it pops up to tell you there is cashback on that site.
Had over £1k back in cashback to date
englands2847 m ago

Download the toolbar for your pc as when u are internet shopping it pops …Download the toolbar for your pc as when u are internet shopping it pops up to tell you there is cashback on that site.Had over £1k back in cashback to date

It's definitely worth a look then, thanks for the info.
Anyone know when this might go live? I've got until the end of the month to find something better than my current good fix. Uswitch is not coming up with anything comparable at the moment unfortunately
chompyrud3rd Sep

Anyone know when this might go live? I've got until the end of the month …Anyone know when this might go live? I've got until the end of the month to find something better than my current good fix. Uswitch is not coming up with anything comparable at the moment unfortunately

Should be tomorrow
It’s out now!

Standing charge seems quite low but the unit charge for electric seems pretty high.
My British gas MSE collective deal ends Early October, MSE admit in their mail they have been unable to secure a top deal from any supplier but have a EDF offer limited to the first 25.000 applicants however having checked comparison sites its no where near as whats available from the new smaller companies so do i risk trying one of those😏
danny11 h, 25 m ago

My British gas MSE collective deal ends Early October, MSE admit in their …My British gas MSE collective deal ends Early October, MSE admit in their mail they have been unable to secure a top deal from any supplier but have a EDF offer limited to the first 25.000 applicants however having checked comparison sites its no where near as whats available from the new smaller companies so do i risk trying one of those😏

Have a look at the npower one sept 2018. That’s is actually a better deal then the EDF one and there’s also £60 through TCB
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants