Groups

Registry issue with Windows 7

I tried installing a game after I reinstalled Windows.

It seeemd to mess up after installed, it said there was an error and disc 1 should be installed, so I did.

Nothing at all, and I cant play the game nor uninstall it, it says it is uninstalling but the folder and al the files are untouched.

Also tried regedit but its not showing up there either.

Weird.

8 Comments

virus?

Original Poster

crse2008;7698118

virus?

Nope iI put a fresh install of Windows I put on about an hour or two beforehand so there would be no viruses plus everything else works great.

Try downloading CCleaner and uninstall it from within that.

It is free and safe.

ccleaner.com/

Original Poster

I already have Ccleaner, should of tried that first, already tried uninstalling from start menu and game disc but will try CCleaner. Thanks.

Let us know how it goes...Good Luck.;-)

Original Poster

No luck still, Windows seems to think its installed but because no registry keys can be found it wont let me uninstall or repair it.

Also tried CleanmyPc

Banned

if there are no registry keys, then it is uninstalled. Just delete the game folder and run comodo system cleaner just to check out the registry is intact.

or just do a system restore to before the game was installed

Your uninstall was not clean one. Use ]Revo uninstaller for a complete uninstall. Its Free.

It might not be able to do it but worth giving a try.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851337
      2. Vegan (Non-Dairy) Ben & Jerrys now launched in UK!1827
      3. Apples new update610
      4. Any PS4 News Here29313799

See more discussions