Groups

reinstalling

want to reinstall xp how do i do so?
    im using a toshiba nb200

13 Comments

Banned

theres a hundred steps, hmmm

get all your windows xp drivers in one place, either the manufactuers driver disc, or download them all from toshiba put on a disc

put on the xp disc to the machine, follow through to the install, then when done, do the drivers

Original Poster

well its got xp on the c drive and d drive says recovery, i didnt get a recovery disk so would i need that,its awfully slow

Banned

roadie;8536184

well its got xp on the c drive and d drive says recovery, i didnt get a … well its got xp on the c drive and d drive says recovery, i didnt get a recovery disk so would i need that,its awfully slow

you need to look up your toshiba model, as there is a recovery partition, you need the key to activate the reinstall

Original Poster

i have a toshiba nb200-13l and i also have the key i just dont know how to do so

Banned

turn it off

turn it on

keep tapping f8

follow the instructions on link above

Original Poster

that is so helpful, i will try other methods first by adding a anti virus and malware bytes.
    also the keyboard jumps so when im typing something it moves to a different place, any idea

Banned

roadie;8536260

that is so helpful, i will try other methods first by adding a anti virus … that is so helpful, i will try other methods first by adding a anti virus and malware bytes.also the keyboard jumps so when im typing something it moves to a different place, any idea

i would reinstall it this time

back up your stuff while still working

resinstall

use microsoft security essentials to be your antivirus, and you should be fine
    malware bytes keep on hand, but no point installing right now

Original Poster

there was no recovery partition

Banned

roadie;8536316

there was no recovery partition

then you are in a mess, you have a netbook with no cd drive

even if you get the discs, you are still stuck....

you need an XP disc

toshiba nb200 drivers on cd

a usb CD/DVD external drive

Original Poster

i found out a way to get the recovery partition i had to press 0 and turn the power off
    what do you mean use microsoft as my antivirus? rep added

Banned

roadie;8536674

i found out a way to get the recovery partition i had to press 0 and turn … i found out a way to get the recovery partition i had to press 0 and turn the power offwhat do you mean use microsoft as my antivirus? rep added

yes, there is a free antivirus called

microsoft security essentials

its very good, and works well on netbooks (doesnt make them laggy) and it is well accepted as good software

Original Poster

oh right cool i shall look in to it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767472
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691425
      3. word association Game74044579
      4. One thing you've forgotten911

See more discussions