Reinstalling osx on my MacBook pro

Found 5th May 2010
Hi,
Does anyone know if I am renstalling os x on my MacBook pro do I use the original disks that came with the computer or as I have upgraded to snow leopard do I use that disk?
Also do I select the macintosh HD drive or there is a drive above (can't remember the name) Do I selec that one? I can't seem to find any good guides online!!
Cheers
Mmachine78

7 Comments

if you use time machine then do it via that using install discs and follow instructions

or for a full wipe its best to use leopard discs-update osx-snow leopard disc-update osx

use mac HDD..erase and install option

If your upgrade is an "Upgrade" and not a full version then you will have to re-install the original system first before you update it.
If your Snow Leopard is a full version then just use that.

059;8529194

If your upgrade is an "Upgrade" and not a full version then you will have … If your upgrade is an "Upgrade" and not a full version then you will have to re-install the original system first before you update it.If your Snow Leopard is a full version then just use that.

Upgrade is full version :thumbsup:

What are you trying to do? Why are you doing a system reinstall?

Original Poster

Celticsun;8529394

Upgrade is full version :thumbsup:What are you trying to do? Why are … Upgrade is full version :thumbsup:What are you trying to do? Why are you doing a system reinstall?

I am selling my current MacBook pro so looking to erase the data and remove the applications I have downloaded and do a clean install.
Mmachine78

Original Poster

So I am fine using snow leopard and doing a erase and install?
Cheers
Mmachine78

Mmachine78;8529870

So I am fine using snow leopard and doing a erase and … So I am fine using snow leopard and doing a erase and install?CheersMmachine78

Yup :thumbsup:

Are you buying a new MBP?

Original Poster

Celticsun;8531072

Yup :thumbsup:Are you buying a new MBP?

Cheers for the help!
Doubt it as won't my laptop to play poker and need windows 7 to run the sites I play on, I do have it set up on bootcamp but don't find the trackpad that good fir the constant clicking and moving!
Shame as such a nice laptop and love the screen and osx....
Mmachine78
Post a comment
@
    Text