Groups

Reinstalling osx on my MacBook pro

Hi,
    Does anyone know if I am renstalling os x on my MacBook pro do I use the original disks that came with the computer or as I have upgraded to snow leopard do I use that disk?
    Also do I select the macintosh HD drive or there is a drive above (can't remember the name) Do I selec that one? I can't seem to find any good guides online!!
    Cheers
    Mmachine78

7 Comments

if you use time machine then do it via that using install discs and follow instructions

or for a full wipe its best to use leopard discs-update osx-snow leopard disc-update osx

use mac HDD..erase and install option

If your upgrade is an "Upgrade" and not a full version then you will have to re-install the original system first before you update it.
    If your Snow Leopard is a full version then just use that.

059;8529194

If your upgrade is an "Upgrade" and not a full version then you will have … If your upgrade is an "Upgrade" and not a full version then you will have to re-install the original system first before you update it.If your Snow Leopard is a full version then just use that.

Upgrade is full version :thumbsup:

What are you trying to do? Why are you doing a system reinstall?

Original Poster

Celticsun;8529394

Upgrade is full version :thumbsup:What are you trying to do? Why are … Upgrade is full version :thumbsup:What are you trying to do? Why are you doing a system reinstall?

I am selling my current MacBook pro so looking to erase the data and remove the applications I have downloaded and do a clean install.
    Mmachine78

Original Poster

So I am fine using snow leopard and doing a erase and install?
    Cheers
    Mmachine78

Mmachine78;8529870

So I am fine using snow leopard and doing a erase and … So I am fine using snow leopard and doing a erase and install?CheersMmachine78

Yup :thumbsup:

Are you buying a new MBP?

Original Poster

Celticsun;8531072

Yup :thumbsup:Are you buying a new MBP?

Cheers for the help!
    Doubt it as won't my laptop to play poker and need windows 7 to run the sites I play on, I do have it set up on bootcamp but don't find the trackpad that good fir the constant clicking and moving!
    Shame as such a nice laptop and love the screen and osx....
    Mmachine78
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Feels weird!613
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17886409
      3. Tower Hill Station - Explosion reported.. (Phone charger??)77
      4. GIVEAWAY - Clear out of duplicate CD Keys from Humble Bundle I have yet to …56

See more discussions