Reinstalling windows on acer revo?

Found 27th Jul 2012
I wiped my revo and just installed xbmc on it, but as I am now trying to sell it I'm going to try and reinstall windows does 7.on it

Question is, I how can I do it without a dvd drive or the actual windows cd? I all I have is the windows coa

I believe I can download windows and install from a usb stick? I have

Can this be done and if so how?
Community Updates
MiscAcerWindows
5 Comments
First off you can download the Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image via a thread over at the NBR Forum.

Once it's downloaded you can then use either the official Microsoft utility or a third party utility to create a bootable USB flash memory stick and then boot the Acer Revo off of that to install the Windows 7 OS onto it (link to follow).

BTW have you already secure erased the HDD in the Acer Revo, so no personal files can be recovered from it?

I'm just glad you posted. No new threads in Misc for 8 hours? Something's not right. oO
dunfyboy

I'm just glad you posted. No new threads in Misc for 8 hours? Something's … I'm just glad you posted. No new threads in Misc for 8 hours? Something's not right. oO

It's FRIDAY!!!!
oO
Scotty Boy

First off you can download the Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image via a thread over … First off you can download the Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image via a thread over at the NBR Forum.Once it's downloaded you can then use either the official Microsoft utility or a third party utility to create a bootable USB flash memory stick and then boot the Acer Revo off of that to install the Windows 7 OS onto it (link to follow).BTW have you already secure erased the HDD in the Acer Revo, so no personal files can be recovered from it?:D

Scotty Boy

First off you can download the Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image via a thread over … First off you can download the Windows 7 SP1 ISO Image via a thread over at the NBR Forum.Once it's downloaded you can then use either the official Microsoft utility or a third party utility to create a bootable USB flash memory stick and then boot the Acer Revo off of that to install the Windows 7 OS onto it (link to follow).BTW have you already secure erased the HDD in the Acer Revo, so no personal files can be recovered from it?:D

Thanks a lot, another quick question, but how do I get the revo to boot from the usb stick.

Theyre aren't really any personal files on it, you I e only ever used it for xbmc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions