Rejoining Virgin Media as a new customer once contract ends

Found 9th JunEdited by:"mhq1"
My 12 month contract is coming to an end, I've looked around for something comparable but no other provider can match the speed/price (for new customers) Virgin are providing. I am paying £30 for 200meg (free upgrade from 100meg a few months back) and unlimited calls.

So I called Virgin with the intentions of keeping my contract at the same price, they wouldn't budge and said it'll go up to ~£45 iirc. I asked what's stopping me from cancelling and signing up as a new customer, the rep pretty much said nothing is.

I'll seen what the retention team have to offer if and when they call, but there's very little to counter with consider no other provider does 100+ meg, heck Sky are doing 50meg for £35. So if there's no movement with the retention team, I guess my only option would be to rejoin as a new customer.

I've seen a few threads floating around regarding this matter, there's been differing answers; a thread says 3 months another says 6 months. Has anyone rejoined after their contract ended?

TL;DR - Virgin broadband price going up after 12 months initial contract. I cancelled and plan on rejoining as a new customer. Is there a waiting period or can I rejoin straight away?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Join with your partner’s name
like above do with any one, someones living or not living in house, ask a mate, and set up a DD to them, they would have to trust you though
I did that when I moved house. Ended one contract then setup a new contract with different email address and bank details at the new house. Was no problem. Got a better deal that way.
I went on BT live chat and the representative told me nothing he could do and my fibre and phone line was increasing to £45, I told them I would try talk talk and all of a sudden he could do it at £30 for another 12 months.
I was told they hold your details for a year. They also keep your address on their system too, wether it's true or not I'm not sure.
Its Hot air, they want your money they will sign you up
STRICKIBHOY1 h, 57 m ago

I was told they hold your details for a year. They also keep your address …I was told they hold your details for a year. They also keep your address on their system too, wether it's true or not I'm not sure.

With new GDPR message them subject to delete your data then when they have complied within 31 days sign up again
I effectively tried this, but not intentionally.

VM wouldnt come down any lower than £28 for 100MB, said I was a high user so that was the best they could do.

So I moved to BT, with all the cashback it worked out at ~ £10-£11 per month. Had loads of hassle, delays etc and in the end I ended up cancelling.

Phoned VM, they told me as I was within 3 months of my cancellation, I was only able to take a service at full price. No discounts, at all. Had a manager confirm. Currently paying £33 per month for 50MB
Edited by: "awjh" 11th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions