Groups

Reliable android phone £80?

Buying a mobile for my dad. He's fairly new to technology but he has an android tablet so want to stick to something similar. He will use it for emails, calls, texts, camera and occasionally Internet.
    Need something easy and reliable for around £80. Any ideas?

9 Comments

I have had a Moto G 2nd gen 5" screen for 2 years now. Its gorilla glass is really durable and the operating system is great. It was best budget smart phone on loads of lists in 2015. Dead easy to use as well. I would definitely look at the newer Moto G phones. Ps I literally have never had any problems. Update are superb and the speed / camera are all very good

expertreviews.co.uk/mot…gen

More money than your £80 but if you shop around you may find cheaper

Vodafone Smart Prime 7 Pay As You Go Smartphone (Locked to Vodafone Network) - Black amazon.co.uk/dp/…FGG

I second your first responder I have an original Moto G 2nd gen.
    It's a bulletproof phone , I've had it for a couple of years now and it's still going strong .
    Never in a case and in two years only one small scratch.
    Regular Android updates.
    Yes 8gb internal memory is an issue but that can be offset by using I decent micro SD card.
    Hope that helps.

Original Poster

Wear_The_Fox_Hat

I second your first responder I have an original Moto G 2nd gen. It's a … I second your first responder I have an original Moto G 2nd gen. It's a bulletproof phone , I've had it for a couple of years now and it's still going strong .Never in a case and in two years only one small scratch. Regular Android updates.Yes 8gb internal memory is an issue but that can be offset by using I decent micro SD card.Hope that helps.

Thanks quite fancy a Moto g. Not sure if where to get an older model that's new though that's more around my budget!

maybe a s5 if u can be bothered to search for a good deal or a s4

Keep your eyes peeled for Moto G deals. The new versions have come out recently which means the likes of Tesco and some other stores will be shifting their remaining stock of Moto G (3rd gen) handsets which have been going for between £50-80 from what I have seen.

Original Poster

Avenger1324

Keep your eyes peeled for Moto G deals. The new versions have come out … Keep your eyes peeled for Moto G deals. The new versions have come out recently which means the likes of Tesco and some other stores will be shifting their remaining stock of Moto G (3rd gen) handsets which have been going for between £50-80 from what I have seen.

I'll keep a look out thanks. Feel like I might struggle to be lucky enough to find one haha!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Does the app aznog still work?22
      2. Best Custom ROM for XIaomi Redmi Note 233
      3. Virgin Media TV67
      4. Samsung 4k TVs which one 49/55inch curved? £1.50023

See more discussions