Groups
    EXPIRED

reliable freeview box?

Sons freeview box just died, so looking for a decent, reasonably priced replacement, any ideas? Prefer to be able to walk in and pick up rather than order online:roll:

12 Comments

Got a Technika one for my g/f in a Tesco here for £17. Had a scart input as well as an output which was nice. Quality was perfect and was flawless.

Banned

Bitsy, I have the BT vision box and its fantastic. Pay £30 installation fee, a BT engineer comes to install it for you, you can download extra content, and it works like a Sky+ box but on freeview. The only catch is you have to subscribe to a package (cheapest £6 per month) but have been told that you can cancel after the first month

Bush DFTA1001 Freeview Adaptor, same as mine can't fault it plus it's discreet because of the size. ]play.com £39.99.

iv had a bush digi box fo a few years, had no problems with it!

UltimoScorpion

Bitsy, I have the BT vision box and its fantastic. Pay £30 installation … Bitsy, I have the BT vision box and its fantastic. Pay £30 installation fee, a BT engineer comes to install it for you, you can download extra content, and it works like a Sky+ box but on freeview. The only catch is you have to subscribe to a package (cheapest £6 per month) but have been told that you can cancel after the first month

on there site it says

In order to receive BT Vision in your home you'll need BT Total Broadband.

so £30 instalatiom, you need broadband, and maybe a months contract, alot of hassle/money for freeview if you ask me

got a sony here and its been perfect , misses killed the remote which cost 11 quid on ebay

Original Poster

sid1763

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=675599

hi there, thanks for this bit of info, we have bought one and OH has set it up and our son is chuffed to bits. Rep left:thumbsup:

Banned

Can the Woolworth one pause live TV

I have a Ferguson FDT500. Never had a problem at all with it. Good signal, even though i've only ever used an indoor aerial on it

[QUOTE=bitseylango]hi there, thanks for this bit of info, we have bought one and OH has set it up and our son is chuffed to bits. Rep left:thumbsup:[/QUOTE Thanks, and your welcome:thumbsup:

JohnCenaFan

Can the Woolworth one pause live TV

no it's only a freeview box, I think you can only do this with a digital tv recorder -eg-something with a hard drive in it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Clove.co.uk22
      2. What is the true cost of 4K HDR home cinema entertainment in 2017?44
      3. Anyone got a spare Argos 10% code from the Xbox Minecraft mistake?44
      4. Jury service22

See more discussions