Found 20th Feb 2011
So watched Clash of the Titans last night and whilst not as bad as it was made out, it was still not as good as the original (Ray Harryhausen rocks).
so this got me thinking, are remakes better than the original or not.
only remake that i can think of that surpasses the original is the Thing (looking forward to the prequal this year).
cannot think of any more.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
10 Comments

The thing,what do you mean? Was the 80s film based on an even older film, or have you seen the new film already?

Maybe controversially, but apparently the new true grit is better than the old one. Didn't like either of them.

I also preferred the remake of The birdcage.
Edited by: "dungavel" 20th Feb 2011

Original Poster

Civic EG6 The thing,what do you mean? Was the 80s film based on an even … Civic EG6 The thing,what do you mean? Was the 80s film based on an even older film, or have you seen the new film already

yep, remake of the thing from another world

Scarface, Cape fear

Death at a funeral. The original english version is much much better than the American remake. Our black humour is not quite their thing.

Banned

Heat is probably the best example of a superior remake.

Banned

I'd also agree with the Carpenter remake of The Thing. Others that I can think of as superior (to varying degrees) to original are.

I spit on your grave
Scarface
The Fly
Ocean's 11
Insomnia

There's probably a few more but generally remakes aren't as good, particularly foreign language ones that are remade by the Yanks.
Edited by: "master_chief" 20th Feb 2011

Original Poster

forgot about the fly, was going to say Lord of the Rings but since the cartoon was only half done cannot really compare.

10 things I hate about you

The originals have something about them, None mentioned above would I say are poorer than the remakes, Different films most of them.

Willy Wonka remake sucked for me but my nephews.nieces preferred it
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. School shoes - with lights22
    2. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.36
    3. How do you pay your SIPP management fees?11
    4. Whey protien616

See more discussions