Groups

Remedy wanted

All you wanna be doctors/physicins/medicine men/women, whats your best home made recipe for a sore throat.

Thanks in advance (said in a croaky voice.)

14 Comments

lemon water with manuka honey

has to be manuka honey

Hot honey and lemon:
    juice of half a lemon with a couple of teaspoons of honey (to taste) in a mug, topped up with hot water. I always find this is really good to try for getting rid of a cold. I think the honey is good for your throat as well.

Hope you get better soon!

I've never tried manuka honey but I keep hearing about it. Has it got some special properties?

even though its disgusting - gargle some warm water with salt in it

studentessa;7613946

I've never tried manuka honey but I keep hearing about it. Has it got … I've never tried manuka honey but I keep hearing about it. Has it got some special properties?

manuka honey is amazing. I use it for loads of things. Mix a little sugar into it and use it as a face mask then exfoliate it off - messy but fab results. also u can put a dod on a cut or graze...............loads of uses

manukahoneyuses.com/

Wounds
    Athlete's Foot
    Poison Ivy/Oak
    Sore Throats

Burns
    Stomach Ulcers
    Dermatitis
    Gum Disease
    Arthritis
    Skin Ulcers
    MRSA/Staph Infections
    Chemical Burns
    Ringworm
    Insect Bites
    Chronic Wounds
    Jock Itch
    Dry Skin
    MRSA / Staph
    Acid Reflux Disease Acne
    Eczema
    Nail Fungus
    Muscle Stiffness
    Tinea
    Aches & Pains
    Surgical Wounds
    Pressure Sores
    Blisters
    Nail Fungus
    Scrapes Abrasions
    Wrinkles

lol at Jock itch !!!

Home made Sloe Gin.

I need a remedy also. Either that or I'm going to set up a temporary sex chat line with my new raspy voice.

get the lozenges with lignocaine anaesthetic or whatever it is like strepsils? they ae the only thing that help me sleep when i have a sore throat..i get em from £1 shop..

Strepsils are good. Tyrozets are better - was recommended by my chemist recently.
    Alternatively get some Aspro Clear and gargle with that.

Not home-made - but ask for Vocalzones in your local chemist. I find Strepsils numb your throat for about 5 minutes then wear off - whih is why I don't like them. Vocalzones have ingredients in them which offers genuine relief, and they have myrrh in them which makes your throat produce more saliva, which always helps when you have a sore throat. They taste pretty foul, but are very good - I pop a ton of them when I'm singing - stops me waking up the morning after a gig with a sore and croaky throat. Apparently loads of famous singers use them too. You can't get them in Boots or Superdrug - you have to ask in your local indie Chemist...

angelfairee;7614201

I need a remedy also. Either that or I'm going to set up a temporary sex … I need a remedy also. Either that or I'm going to set up a temporary sex chat line with my new raspy voice.

We'll need some manuka honey to help with the stifness then...

Original Poster

Thank you one and all for your help and suggestions.
    I was hoping that at least one of you would have given credence to my recipe ;-).
    2 fingers of whisky:giggle:, a tablespoon of lemon juice and honey to taste, add boiling water a drink as hot :shock: as you can manage.:thumbsup:

suck on some chocolate, and swallow slowly

mix honey+tumeric powder +have it atleast 2-3 times a day
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047175
      2. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.23
      3. One for the mathmeticians2032
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4681417

See more discussions