Groups

Reminder - Check the expiry date on your photo driving licence!

My brother just had an email from a friend saying to check the date on his driving licence, he'd just been stopped by the police and his was out of date - they only last 10 years. My bro checked his and it ran out last year, oops!
    Just a heads up to get people to check.

7 Comments

He ought to have received a reminder from DVLA about a month before it expired, I did in August. He probably ignored it.

Do you have to pay (AGAIN :x) to renew it :? . My old pink paper 'GB' one was valid to age 75 then they made us have these new 2 part one's when I changed address.

Original Poster

Predikuesi;6568353

He ought to have received a reminder from DVLA about a month before it … He ought to have received a reminder from DVLA about a month before it expired, I did in August. He probably ignored it.

Nope, he didn't get anything, neither did his friend.

big-boy;6568398

Do you have to pay (AGAIN :x) to renew it :? . My old pink paper 'GB' one … Do you have to pay (AGAIN :x) to renew it :? . My old pink paper 'GB' one was valid to age 75 then they made us have these new 2 part one's when I changed address.

Not sure sorry.

big-boy;6568398

Do you have to pay (AGAIN :x) to renew it :? . My old pink paper 'GB' one … Do you have to pay (AGAIN :x) to renew it :? . My old pink paper 'GB' one was valid to age 75 then they made us have these new 2 part one's when I changed address.

Yes and provide a new photo.

£20.00

Yes you have to pay again ... bloody £20 too :x

the dvla are robbing, theiving so and so's, i had to renew mine, sent it recorded delivery, they lost it so had to pay £20 to get a duplicate licence and another £20 to renew the photo.....am seriously not impressed, they ignored the face that i knew it had been signed for so royal mail wont do anything and they say they never received it when i know they did, they refuse liability :cry: oh well its done now...rant over lol

did they get in trouble with the police over it?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826352
      2. word association Game73844463
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767200
      4. Shana Tova to all Jewish HUKDers79

See more discussions