Reminder Tesco clubcard points now only worth 3x value from 11th June 2018

Found 15th Jan
Update 17/5 - You have until 10th June to claim 4 times the value on certain rewards - from 11th June the changes are coming into effect

Tesco delays controversial change to Clubcard Vouchers after backlash from shoppers

Controversial change to Tesco's Clubcard scheme has been delayed after a backlash from shoppers, they planned switch will now take place in June 2018 so gives time for shoppers to cash in their vouchers.

------

We want to let you know about a change we’re making to the value of the Clubcard vouchers you use with our Reward Partners.

Previously your vouchers were worth 2 times their value with some of our Reward Partners – and others were worth 4 times.

We’ve decided to make things easier. From June you’ll get 3 times the value of your vouchers across the majority of our Reward Partners at tesco.com/clubcard/boost.

This won’t affect any orders you may have already placed with our Reward Partners that are worth 4 times the value.

How to spend your Tesco Clubcard vouchers

• You can choose to spend your reward points with a Rewards Partner & receive up to 3X the face value of the voucher
  • Add the Chosen Partner Reward to your basket and proceed to the checkout
  • Select or enter your Clubcard voucher codes
  • Confirm your order.
  • You will receive an email containing your Clubcard Tokens or they will be posted to the address on your account
  • OR
  • You can spend your vouchers at face value online or in store by entering the online code at the checkout or by presenting your voucher at the till instore
  • The value of the Clubcard Voucher will be deducted from the bill
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Just got the email too. They could have at least given advanced notice of the change, I exchange most of my vouchers in restaurants and got 4X value so not happy!
Edited by: "V6_Andy" 15th Jan
Wish I could earn enough clubcard points to care
Vote with your feet.
Shop at Asda where they use self scan to harvest your details, giving nothing back.
Try Sainsburys where they devalued Nectar points years ago.
Aldi/Lidl are cheaper and have no data protection worries.
Waitrose, you might get a free hot drink with your over priced food.
Morrisons will at least give you something for your Next balance payments.
Corner shop, rips the bum out your wallet and closes anyway due to all of above.
22 Comments
But the good news is, redspottedhanky is now worth 3x
Just got the email too. They could have at least given advanced notice of the change, I exchange most of my vouchers in restaurants and got 4X value so not happy!
Edited by: "V6_Andy" 15th Jan
Spend mine on RSH so that is great news

but not railcards oh well
V6_Andy39 m ago

Just got the email too. They could have at least given advanced notice of …Just got the email too. They could have at least given advanced notice of the change, I exchange most of my vouchers in restaurants and got 4X value so not happy!

Likewise, would have changed mine asap with prior warning, but then again thats probably why they did it as of today
totally annoyed. agree with lack of notice. got 30 quids worth which are now worth 25% less
They should honour the ones people have saved and not exchanged yet.
robbie14129 m ago

totally annoyed. agree with lack of notice. got 30 quids worth which …totally annoyed. agree with lack of notice. got 30 quids worth which are now worth 25% lessThey should honour the ones people have saved and not exchanged yet.

Totally agree but there a holes so they won't. All you can do is complain to Tesco. I've done so. Maybe enoughh people do it and they'll backtrack. Highly doubt so though
Wish I could earn enough clubcard points to care
"We’ve decided to make things easier."

Useless Tesco
Nectar is the future.
I was saving £20 of points for London zoo vouchers which WERE worth x4
I'm amazed that news of this change managed to stay under wraps. Tesco have obviously kept it quiet until the change was effective because they knew it would cause an exchange stampede. We got one last 4x meal out yesterday, but shame we didn't know to plan ahead.
Very devious move Tesco.
Vote with your feet.
Shop at Asda where they use self scan to harvest your details, giving nothing back.
Try Sainsburys where they devalued Nectar points years ago.
Aldi/Lidl are cheaper and have no data protection worries.
Waitrose, you might get a free hot drink with your over priced food.
Morrisons will at least give you something for your Next balance payments.
Corner shop, rips the bum out your wallet and closes anyway due to all of above.
Good news or bad news, just depends on what you'd swap the points for.

For me: Meals are down to 3x from 4x but evans is up to 3x from 2x, so works out the same as before. Goldsmiths is still 3x
I see you can redeem as little as 50p on RSH as well now

new thread on the new news
hotukdeals.com/dis…646
Wongy11019 h, 34 m ago

I see you can redeem as little as 50p on RSH as well nownew thread on the …I see you can redeem as little as 50p on RSH as well nownew thread on the new newshttps://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/tesco-backtracksbduebto-overwhelming-pressure-2878646

Unfortunately, it has now reverted back to 2x for redspottedhanky.

edit: Looks like we will have to wait until June to get 3 x value on Redspotted!
Edited by: "Speculator" 18th Jan
Thanks for sharing @Speculator - thought this worth a reminder bump
How do you redeem them and get more value? Is it through buying gift cards or something with the points? Thanks for bumping @wishihadadonkey i never saw this first time around thanks @Speculator for posting also
I use trains a lot so will wait for 11th of June when it should be back up to 3 x value on redspottedhanky. (I managed to get 3x on £50 (£150 worth) last January when the offer was briefly on)

Also, my daughters birthday this weekend so will redeem the points for 4 x value @ London Zoo. (without the 10% "voluntary" topup.)

Also, be aware that they've changed the way they are issuing the Daysout vouchers.

Previously, they send you the vouchers by post and you could use the vouchers for anywhere that accepts the vouchers.

Now, they send you the voucher instantly via email but its for a specific place, so in my case, it's for London Zoo only but is valid for 6 months.
Edited by: "Speculator" 17th May
LeahsMintytoutou13 m ago

How do you redeem them and get more value? Is it through buying gift cards …How do you redeem them and get more value? Is it through buying gift cards or something with the points? Thanks for bumping @wishihadadonkey i never saw this first time around thanks @Speculator for posting also

You could impose upon someone else to spend the time writing it all down for you, or do a very simple Google search of your own.
Saturn4 m ago

You could impose upon someone else to spend the time writing it all down …You could impose upon someone else to spend the time writing it all down for you, or do a very simple Google search of your own.

Thankyou! I didn't think of that much appreciated
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions