remote control advice please!

7 replies
Found 27th Mar 2011
Help! I need a new remote for my tv, it broke a little while ago, and up till now we've been managing with the sky remote, but its a nightmare trying to get dvd's to go through various menu's! The tv is a murphy C3298FR, it also has an sd card feature, which doesn't work without the remote.
An all in one would be good, as I also have an inoi media player where the remote for that has gone walkabout somewhere!
I've had cheap all in ones in the past, and they wouldn't work, probably cos neither of the items are major brands!
Grateful for any advice, thanks!

7 Comments

I have a harmony 555 and it is fantastic, they will have a list of compatible devices online so worth a look.
It's very clever, you can press one button, say 'watch dvd' and it will turn on the tv, turn on the DVD player and is very intuitive and easy to use.

have you tried googling your make of tv remote ? there a some sites that can supply just remote controls.

Original Poster

will have a look at those sickly sweet.
richp, yes I've tried, theres the tv one on ebay for £23, but as I need one for the media player too, which I can't get hold of, it will be quite costly!

Banned

sickly sweet

I have a harmony 555 and it is fantastic, they will have a list of … I have a harmony 555 and it is fantastic, they will have a list of compatible devices online so worth a look.It's very clever, you can press one button, say 'watch dvd' and it will turn on the tv, turn on the DVD player and is very intuitive and easy to use.

just checked and MURPHY isnt listed

You can buy a Logitech Harmony 300 from Play for under £18. These are very basic compared to the 555 and the like but they do the job.
Edited by: "Somebody" 28th Mar 2011

Banned

Somebody

You can buy a Logitech Harmony 300 from Play for under £18. These are … You can buy a Logitech Harmony 300 from Play for under £18. These are very basic compared to the 555 and the like but they do the job.

but wont help the op oO

csiman

but wont help the op oO

Why not? Just go the Logitech site to check if the Harmony remote is compatible with the TV/DVD or whatever it's wanted for.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Switch from BT to BT same property different person627
    2. Advice on claiming from Salford Council pot hole damage22
    3. What is the best weight training app for iOS please?33
    4. heart rate monitor fitness watch59

See more discussions