Removal company recommendations?

Found 16th Jan
Heyoo

I'm moving from up north to down south in a few weeks, approx 200 miles, moving 'standard' 2 bedroom terraced house contents.

Any recommendations or advice on removal companies please?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments
If you're moving from oop North then it means you'll be bringing your gravy, heavy coats, yorkshire puddings, builders tea and sunburn from Ibiza.

Come down Sarf with no baggage. Leave your bad habits and embrace civilisation.

We've even got Ikea.
deleted800342Original Poster
windym20 m ago

If you're moving from oop North then it means you'll be bringing your …If you're moving from oop North then it means you'll be bringing your gravy, heavy coats, yorkshire puddings, builders tea and sunburn from Ibiza.Come down Sarf with no baggage. Leave your bad habits and embrace civilisation.We've even got Ikea.

I was born down south, I'm moving back there.
I was born up north and came down south to nick ya woman and jobs
I was born up North and moved down South for work and children's education. Good luck with your move back home
It was many years ago that I moved back home (South to North) but I can remember that the quotes varied massively. Generally I found the National firms the most expensive - ended up with a smaller Northern independant company to do the move. Suggest you get a few quotes - likely to find a Northern company cheaper than a Southern one!

Do your own packing so that everything small is boxed - that saves a good chunk. Also be flexible on the removal date if at all possible - I managed to get a better price as the company was able to do my move the day after they had done a move down South.
No
Bradleigh9 h, 53 m ago

I was born up north and came down south to nick ya woman and jobs

Leev it ahht yew slaaayg.
It is cheaper to hire the removal company from where you are moving too so they finish "at home". Also Saturdays are more expensive. Where are you moving too? I have just moved to Dorset and can recommend the firm I used. Look on Freecycle for boxes and bubble wrap. I only had to buy sticky tape.
Edited by: "r4rcm" 17th Jan
deleted800342Original Poster
r4rcm5 m ago

It is cheaper to hire the removal company from where you are moving too so …It is cheaper to hire the removal company from where you are moving too so they finish "at home". Also Saturdays are more expensive. Where are you moving too? I have just moved to Dorset and can recommend the firm I used. Look on Freecycle for boxes and bubble wrap. I only had to buy sticky tape.

Good tip!
I'm moving to Eastleigh
I moved 100 miles from Kingston, Surrey to Christchurch on 14/12. Cost £1,700 including vat for. 3 bedroom house plus loft. Did our own packing. Large lorry, 30 metres, but we nearly filled it. Stopped counting at 105 boxes!

They arrived 8.30 am, worked all day then went and parked up for the night. Came back early next morning for bed, sofa and a few other bits and left at 12.00pm. Only 2 men so they called into their yard in New Milton and picked up 3 more men. Arrived at my new house (daughter waiting) by 3.30 pm and worked till they finished about 5.00pm.

They didn't come to my house to give a quote I just sent photos of the rooms. Didn't get any other quotes as we didn't have time and this company was recommended by the estate agent. james@peter-cooper.co.uk.

Might not suit you but will give you some idea. Good luck, very exhausting!
I have used McCarthy's 3 times in the last 5 years. They have been fantastic the most recent move I paid for their top end pack and unpack service. I handed over both sets of keys to McCarthy's on a friday morning, then me and the Mrs went to the airport to go away for the weekend.

On the monday arrived at the new house and everything was perfect, my first house move with zero stress it was worth every penny.
11 years ago when I moved half way across the country I worked out it would be better to sell most or my house contents and start A fresh with new items once I had moved into my new home, made several hundred pounds from selling my furniture etc and plus the £300 I saved on removed costs ment I had a thousand to buy new. What possessons I did keep could fit in my car and trailer. I started again with flat packed furniture etc and then over several years replaced with soild wood items etc. It was nicer starting fresh with the bid advantage og everything being new although budget, for example you can get a flat packed wardrobe for £50, diva double bed with mattress for £90, beko washing machine for £150. Basic 2 seater for sofa for £199, there not the most glamarous at first but there new and will get you buy for 18 months why you then slowly replace for quality. Shpock is the best place to sell these days.its free and easy to list items.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants