Groups

Removal Of Packaging Glue

Just been to the Fenwicks sale in Newcastle and picked up a non stick oven bakeware set consisting of an oven tray and roasting tin.(Reduced from £19.50 to £9.95) The two were glued together and the label said to soak for 10 mins to seperate them. Now both items have glue residue on them which wont come off.

Any ideas how to remove the glue so I can use them tomorrow.

9 Comments

try rubbing it with your finger....the frictional heat may soften the glue and will congeal together like a bogey.

A little bit of olive oil should loosen it without any damage. Slip-slide!

:idea: Sprinkle flour on then rub it off - it really works

p.s. just a random top tip.....if ever you buy shoes and can't get the sticker off the bottom blast them with a hair dryer and they normally peel off in one go, then use flour for any residue that's left

whiterabbit;2413128

:idea: Sprinkle flour on then rub it off - it really worksp.s. just a … :idea: Sprinkle flour on then rub it off - it really worksp.s. just a random top tip.....if ever you buy shoes and can't get the sticker off the bottom blast them with a hair dryer and they normally peel off in one go, then use flour for any residue that's left

Ha ha ha,I am having just that problem! Will try that as soon as I can. Rep added for your help. :w00t:

Moving to misc.

If i was you i'd return for a full refund, they are obviously faulty as they are supposed to be non-stick yet you say the glue is stuck to them!

just kiddling

Banned

harlzter;2413195

If i was you i'd return for a full refund, they are obviously faulty as … If i was you i'd return for a full refund, they are obviously faulty as they are supposed to be non-stick yet you say the glue is stuck to them!lol :-Djust kiddling

astonish - you can buy it from the pound shop. will remove practically anything - give it a good wash after though

Banana79;2413148

Ha ha ha,I am having just that problem! Will try that as soon as I can. … Ha ha ha,I am having just that problem! Will try that as soon as I can. Rep added for your help. :w00t:

lol...let me know how you get on! :lol:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767373
      2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047149
      3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2464
      4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62482

See more discussions