Remove charging order

Found 6th Mar
Hi guys

I had a charging order as part of a building works dispute. Anyway debtor wants to pay up and wants order removing.

Any help on removing this obviously he would pay so wants to know costs involved.

Any help please.
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Get a fixed fee solicitor
It took a while to get one cleared on the house I recently bought, it gets cleared at Government speed and you can't speed it up. If you go fixed fee you can get written permission from other party that they'll pay the legal fee.
moneybag1 h, 20 m ago

It took a while to get one cleared on the house I recently bought, it gets …It took a while to get one cleared on the house I recently bought, it gets cleared at Government speed and you can't speed it up. If you go fixed fee you can get written permission from other party that they'll pay the legal fee.

So it is something me as the creditor has to do? I can't just say we'll pay me the debt and debtor/property owner takes responsibility of the rest? I take your point re the fixed fee sol.
I'm not sure of the exact logistics, can't find the email, but I seem to recall it is a Government department that deals with registering it as cleared. My conveyancing solicitor dealt with it all.
moneybag23 m ago

I'm not sure of the exact logistics, can't find the email, but I seem to …I'm not sure of the exact logistics, can't find the email, but I seem to recall it is a Government department that deals with registering it as cleared. My conveyancing solicitor dealt with it all.

Do you remember how much you paid?
It was part of a fixed price normal house purchase, so no idea what the actual cost of that specific part was. Any good conveyancing solicitor should give you a quote over the phone, it should be bread and butter work for them.
moneybag4 m ago

It was part of a fixed price normal house purchase, so no idea what the …It was part of a fixed price normal house purchase, so no idea what the actual cost of that specific part was. Any good conveyancing solicitor should give you a quote over the phone, it should be bread and butter work for them.

Thanks for your help
Welcome
if you are talking about the charge being against the debtors house and you are the creditor, you won't have to pay a penny, as you said just make sure you have the debt settled before signing ANYTHING!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants