Remove sticker from ex- rental discs?

I bought some ex rental discs..
The stickers they have on them are similar to the lovefilm ones
(same material by the way it looks)
Does anyone know how I can remove these without killing the discs?
:-)

Thanks in advance.

19 Comments

Heat the sticker with a hairdryer for about 1-2mins...should do the trick :thumbsup:

Original Poster

And that won´t kill the discs?
Just checkin before i melt them lol

TanyaSpace;2515050

And that won´t kill the discs?Just checkin before i melt them lol

Nah, it will be fine (Done them before with ex rental discs)

Original Poster

Cool, thanks
Gave you some rep

Lighter fluid removes stickers - that's what was used when I worked in a video games store, to remove the price labels and things off games / discs from other stores.

Original Poster

Hm yeah but they´re kinda like metal stickers on the actual discs...Guess you´ve seen the lovefilm ones?

hodsey77;2515087

Lighter fluid removes stickers - that's what was used when I worked in a … Lighter fluid removes stickers - that's what was used when I worked in a video games store, to remove the price labels and things off games / discs from other stores.

Yep, lighter fluid removes pretty much anything sticky.....but also does eyebrows if you get a naked flame near it :oops:

TanyaSpace;2515100

Hm yeah but they´re kinda like metal stickers on the actual discs...Guess … Hm yeah but they´re kinda like metal stickers on the actual discs...Guess you´ve seen the lovefilm ones?

Yea, peel them off, and then use the lighter fluid on the silver residue...

midlandscomics;2515104

Yep, lighter fluid removes pretty much anything sticky.....but also does … Yep, lighter fluid removes pretty much anything sticky.....but also does eyebrows if you get a naked flame near it :oops:

Hehe!, yea, be careful with naked flames afterwards!

Original Poster

hodsey77;2515144

Yea, peel them off, and then use the lighter fluid on the silver … Yea, peel them off, and then use the lighter fluid on the silver residue...

Thanks Left you some rep

TanyaSpace;2515153

Thanks Left you some rep

Ooh, thankyou! :thumbsup:

spray with wd30. leave to soak for a couple of minutes works wonders!

Original Poster

jaqridge;2515268

Doubt that will work on metal(lic) stickers.
Normal ones soak, those don´t.
Thanks anyway :thumbsup:

jaqridge;2515268

Fink you mean WD40 :thumbsup:

You do know the back of the cd/dvd label is where all the info is ?, personally i would leave em on and color them with a marker

Original Poster

maddogb;2515337

You do know the back of the cd/dvd label is where all the info is ?, … You do know the back of the cd/dvd label is where all the info is ?, personally i would leave em on and color them with a marker

The sticker is stuck ON the disc I don´t wanna remove the actual print on the disc lol

Puchase a grenade. Put all the discs together, spread out, sticker-side up. Pull the pin on the grenade and toss it in the general direction of the discs. Get out quick. When the dust has settled, return and collect the discs. WD40, lighter fluid or WD30 will remove any remaining residue. Works for me every time. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

lol :whistling: :w00t:

Just don't try it at home (always do it in someone else's home)
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Sad news about Barcelona1972
    2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846124
    3. How much would you pay for this chair?1113
    4. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2540

See more discussions