Removed dishwasher HELP

Posted 19th Oct
EDIT: all sorted now thank you so much for your help

Ok so we just sold our dishwasher as we don’t use it and wanted the space. The issue is that when we turn the water back on it’s spraying out of the hose that connected to the dishwasher so I’m presuming we need to get some sort of cap for it but does anyone know what it is actually called so I don’t look like an idiot when I go to the store?

Picture below...

3311766.jpg
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Dpowell319/10/2019 12:30

On the other end of that pipe is this but that blue thing just spins …On the other end of that pipe is this but that blue thing just spins around and doesn’t seem to actually do anything [Image]

that blue thing should crimp the valve and turn it off and on like a tap.

If spinning around assume the plastic is broken in which case take the blue broken plastic off and use some pliers/clamps to grip and turn it off
Edited by: "Bertz99" 19th Oct
Bertz9919/10/2019 12:33

that blue thing should crimp the valve and turn it off and on like a …that blue thing should crimp the valve and turn it off and on like a tap.If spinning around assume the plastic is broken in which case take the blue broken plastic off and use some pliers/clamps to grip and turn it off

Life saver the blue thing was broken took some pliers to it and turned to the right all sorted now and I can finally use the water again thanks so much
This happened to me when I got rid of our gas cooker. I just left it though and we all died.
19 Comments
Why do you have to turn the water back on just leave it off? Also in the picture thats an inlet hose theres no cap for that
adeljay9219/10/2019 12:22

Why do you have to turn the water back on just leave it off? Also in the …Why do you have to turn the water back on just leave it off? Also in the picture thats an inlet hose theres no cap for that

I mean the mains water, if I turn the mains water back on then that inlet hose pours with water
This happened to me when I got rid of our gas cooker. I just left it though and we all died.
Dpowell319/10/2019 12:23

I mean the mains water, if I turn the mains water back on then that inlet …I mean the mains water, if I turn the mains water back on then that inlet hose pours with water

You mean the mains to the house or the small isolation that feeds the dishwasher. If so you can buy these caps screwfix.com/p/b…wcB
what is at the other end of that hose - there should be a valve to enable you to attach/detach without having to turn on or off the mains - a bit like this:

38700316-mGzJn.jpg
Bertz9919/10/2019 12:27

what is at the other end of that hose - there should be a valve to enable …what is at the other end of that hose - there should be a valve to enable you to attach/detach without having to turn on or off the mains - a bit like this:[Image]

On the other end of that pipe is this but that blue thing just spins around and doesn’t seem to actually do anything

38700337-ql3mn.jpg
Dpowell319/10/2019 12:30

On the other end of that pipe is this but that blue thing just spins …On the other end of that pipe is this but that blue thing just spins around and doesn’t seem to actually do anything [Image]

that blue thing should crimp the valve and turn it off and on like a tap.

If spinning around assume the plastic is broken in which case take the blue broken plastic off and use some pliers/clamps to grip and turn it off
It should turn the water off when it's at right angles to the pipe.

that blue thing should crimp the valve and turn it off and on like a …that blue thing should crimp the valve and turn it off and on like a tap.If spinning around assume the plastic is broken in which case take the blue broken plastic off and use some pliers/clamps to grip and turn it off

Life saver the blue thing was broken took some pliers to it and turned to the right all sorted now and I can finally use the water again thanks so much
Dpowell319/10/2019 13:13

Life saver the blue thing was broken took some pliers to it and turned to …Life saver the blue thing was broken took some pliers to it and turned to the right all sorted now and I can finally use the water again thanks so much

yw - those plastic connectors oft break.

tip2 have you also turned back the stop cock for the mains a quarter turn back rather than fully open? If not when you come to it again in a few years they can sieze and need wd40 to free them up again.

You win today's HUKD Community award.
Bertz9919/10/2019 13:36

yw - those plastic connectors oft break.tip2 have you also turned back the …yw - those plastic connectors oft break.tip2 have you also turned back the stop cock for the mains a quarter turn back rather than fully open? If not when you come to it again in a few years they can sieze and need wd40 to free them up again.

Amazing thank you will make sure I turn it back a quarter to make sure! Honestly cannot thank you enough
So nice when it works out like this
this site is putting plumbers and sparks out of business
Edited by: "thomasleep" 19th Oct
If you did not turn off the isolating valve, I bet you got very wet
thomasleep19/10/2019 20:13

If you did not turn off the isolating valve, I bet you got very wet

Very haha
I really worry about this world we live in glad op got sorted.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants