Removing a red wine stain from a carpet?

Found 2nd Oct 2011
Had a party last night and just found a red wine stain on the carpet.

Problem is now it's dried as I've just spotted it.

What's the best way to get rid of it apart from getting a new carpet?

Any good products I can buy or any home made solutions I can use?

18 Comments

White wine??

Original Poster

Dehumanization

White wine??

Will that work now it's dried?

Not a clue that's why I put the question marks there lol Never had to do it but I know I've heard that somewhere.

the guy cleaned my carpets could remove any stain as he had so many different chemicals so i would think it can be removed but i would call someone in..my massive lounge only cost £40

I'd try bicarbonate of soda first (in wee bit of water), nothing harsh that will ruin your carpet but it's meant to bubble up and lift the stain or something. Worth a shot.

Vanish carpet cleaner, it's amazing.

Did anyone own up to spilling it?.

Banned

Bleach.

JonnyTwoToes

Bleach.

oO

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Just tried Vanish spray for stains on clothes and the redness on the beige carpet has gone. Will leave it and see how it is once dry. May have to re-apply it

gavjbrown

Nope. Don't think they will either.

sickly sweet

gavjbrown

That's a shame, as you probably know its much easier to remove before it dries.

JonnyTwoToes

Bleach.

JonnyTwoToes

Bleach.

Alot of carpets you can bleach now. The one im looking at for the girls room is one you can bleach.

Hissy Miss

I'd try bicarbonate of soda first (in wee bit of water), nothing harsh … I'd try bicarbonate of soda first (in wee bit of water), nothing harsh that will ruin your carpet but it's meant to bubble up and lift the stain or something. Worth a shot.

Why does the water need wee in it? does that add to the cleaning power of the solution?

beth3735

Alot of carpets you can bleach now. The one im looking at for the girls … Alot of carpets you can bleach now. The one im looking at for the girls room is one you can bleach.

yer a bit of bleach would work as long as its 100% polypropylene, try rubbing a bit of carpet (spare piece etc) etc on it!

Vanish is very good. Apply it, then use a damp cloth to soak it up and leave it. When it's dry, do the same again and it should hopefully all be gone

jonny619447

Why does the water need wee in it? does that add to the cleaning power of … Why does the water need wee in it? does that add to the cleaning power of the solution?

Wow, that's bad. I mean, I know your not that much of an idiot so I know thats an attempt at humour but talk about scraping the barrel.

You make Ben Elton look funny.

IWannaBeAdored

Will that work now it's dried?

Spill some more red on it

http://wine.about.com/od/redwines/a/redwinestains.htm

ebay Item number: 350385013149
Edited by: "dontasciime" 3rd Oct 2011
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions