Removing Brown Tape from a Car?? Any ideas?

13 replies
Found 28th Oct 2010
Hoping someone has an idea how to remove the sticky part of brown tape from a car without damaging the paint work??! Any ideas are very much appreciated!! x x x

1. Misc
  2. Car
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. Car
13 Comments

I normally remove the sticky part of price labels/tape from gifts with cotton wool and baby oil.

WD40

plumberman01

WD40

+1

It will dissolve the adhesive and you can just wipe off with a cloth.

Original Poster

A ha!! Lovely thank you!!

That'll teach you for brown taping the wing back on.

Get a roof rack next time.

if wd40 doesnt work try either mayo or some tar remover.

jellybaby22

will wd40 work getting rug tape off laminate florring?.. nothing else … will wd40 work getting rug tape off laminate florring?.. nothing else works... tried baby oil...nail varnish remover ...

try mayo

jellybaby22

seriously??? Lol dont want to pour mayo all over the floor for nothing

ha ha

yes, seriously. I use it on the sticky stuff left on glasses, vases, golf clubs etc where the sticker has been put on and you can't get the horrible sticky stuff off.

Let me know if it works ....

Works a treat everytime ....... don't use your best helmans though, get some cheap mayo ....lol
Edited by: "smithyp1" 28th Oct 2010

jellybaby22

ta will give it a go...

i now have a mental image of jb's laminate flooring covered in mayo like a skating rink .......... X)

jellybaby22

lol it cant be worse than the baby oil incident.... I nearkly broke my … lol it cant be worse than the baby oil incident.... I nearkly broke my neck..think the OH wondered wtf i had been doing

he he

he probably thought his luck was in !!!! X)

Try vinegar or lemon juice, they are slightly acidic and will break down glue.

sticky stuff remover from asda, if you live close to hull u can use some of mine
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Whey protien46
    2. Is this junction box wired properly??610
    3. 43 inch 4k tv that is uhd 10bit58
    4. Foo fighters presale code.1110

See more discussions