removing norton internet security

8 replies
Found 31st Oct 2010
I had Norton Internet Security pre-installed on my laptop and tried to install Kaspersky,what a hassle trying to get Norton uninstalled
Norton have tried 5 times and still not done it,so i am trying Revo uninstaller(which is taking forever)and was wondering if anyone else has had this hassle with removing Norton

8 Comments

Original Poster

lilraul

try this, it removes Norton products installed on your … try this, it removes Norton products installed on your computer.ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exehttp://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_view.jsp?wv_type=public_web&selected_nav=&pvid=&docurl=20080828154508EN

THATS WHAT I'VE TRIED 5 TIMES

i just went into add or remove programmes and uninstalled that way, worked fine for me. like you ive installed kaspersky

why the caps?

Original Poster

lilraul

why the caps?

only noticed it when i had finished typing and couldn't be fcuded to retype
sorry

Original Poster

donna-lou

i just went into add or remove programmes and uninstalled that way, … i just went into add or remove programmes and uninstalled that way, worked fine for me. like you ive installed kaspersky

thats what i tried 1st

have you restarted your pc? my laptop was the same with preinstalled Nortons, went to add/remove programs, it didnt look like it was deleted until i restarted the laptop and it was gone then

i removed norton 360 v.4 to install a free kaspersky I got from a rep at work (cos I'd never tried it before) and i just ran uninstall, restarted and kaspersky installed fine.

try in safe mode with the removal tool.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…11
    2. Anyone else bored of video gaming2745
    3. The ultimate Sunday roast only £5.46 for 4 people at ASDA21132
    4. First batch of original Xbox backwards compatible games11

See more discussions