Renault Clio depreciation

Found 1st Aug
Hello guys,

I’m thinking about getting a 2014 Clio at around £6500. I’d probably think about selling it and getting a new car in 3 years. Does anyone know or can say from previous experience how much a Clio depreciates in 3 years? Ofcourse in 3 years time it’ll be 7 years old from new.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Community Updates
AskRenault
22 Comments
Traders would look in their little black book and take details like mileage, service history, condition into account and use that to value.

As a privateer, then I would suggest looking at autotrader and doing the same for a 2011 model, take condition, mileage and service history into account and then work out the upper and lower bands you might get. Then knock off a percentage for retails/haggling/margin traders want and you will have about as close as you will get without someone subscribed to professional estimating services.

edit: auto trader also offer a valuation service if you sign up autotrader.co.uk/car-valuation
Edited by: "vileda_the_best" 1st Aug
What model etc is it? If you are buying a car worth £4000 for £6500 that changes everything.
From prior experience French cars ie, Renault, Citroen and Peugeot don’t seem to hold their value very well. Could you give us more details about the vehicle model engine size mileage etc.
34569457-4JY3C.jpg
34569457-NjmNI.jpg
If you are buying a £6000 one I think it will be worth about £3000-3500 in three years.
Depends if you get lucky and the electrics don't start acting up.
Renaults depreciate terribly and rust amazingly easily. Honestly you will probably get about £1500 for it in 3 years time, possibly less. That’s if it doesn’t catch fire first and your lucky enough to live like me with scars from skin graft.

Go for a ford or VW, do not buy a French car.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 1st Aug
Why not just buy a brand new dacia sandero for roughly the same money, 3 years manufactures warranty, 3 years rac cover and a new car that nobody has been farting in the seats for the last 3 years. I am sure dacia is built using Renault parts anyway.

Used car warranties are not worth the paper they are written on, most make you pay out for the work first and then do their best to avoid paying out, putting nearly all claims down to wear and tear.

34569925-eefbv.jpg
Edited by: "SOUTHWALES" 1st Aug
I thin it would loss a grand a year just my tuppence worth
Sorry for the late reply. Renault Clio Dynamique s Media Nav. I’ve looked at various websites and £6500 tends to be the average price. It’s a 0.9 L Tce petrol engine, most around 30000 miles
MIDURIX4 h, 9 m ago

What model etc is it? If you are buying a car worth £4000 for £6500 that c …What model etc is it? If you are buying a car worth £4000 for £6500 that changes everything.

It’s a Dynamique s model, £6500 tends to be the average when I’ve been looking around
MIDURIX2 h, 16 m ago

[Image] [Image] If you are buying a £6000 one I think it will be worth …[Image] [Image] If you are buying a £6000 one I think it will be worth about £3000-3500 in three years.

That sounds reasonable looking at those pictures you’ve sent thanks for that!
In my experience avoid Renault, electrical problems. Stick with Toyota, audi, BMW, Honda if there in your budget
keebb939 m ago

In my experience avoid Renault, electrical problems. Stick with Toyota, …In my experience avoid Renault, electrical problems. Stick with Toyota, audi, BMW, Honda if there in your budget

BMW and Audi have electrical faults. Their indicators never work

depreciation would be far less with a Audi or Beemer though. But if you have to spent money on them you best start saving the pennies.
Edited by: "BFCsider" 2nd Aug
With cars I've had:
2x Peugeot have been poor.
Punto was ok.
Focus was a great car
The Astra I have now is very heavy on the consumables but otherwise it's sound.

I'm getting a 7 seater next year. I like the s max, any opinions on this car?
Edited by: "BFCsider" 2nd Aug
I stumbled across this....
themoneycalculator.com/veh…LIO
I don't know how accurate it is but it seems close enough for my car.

Will only be a good guide if you are paying the right price now though
Fabia, i20, fiesta will hold the value compared to any french car
Dacia is only french car u will find hold good value but will not be easy to sell
BFCsider2 h, 57 m ago

With cars I've had: 2x Peugeot have been poor.Punto was ok. Focus was a …With cars I've had: 2x Peugeot have been poor.Punto was ok. Focus was a great car The Astra I have now is very heavy on the consumables but otherwise it's sound.I'm getting a 7 seater next year. I like the s max, any opinions on this car?

Apart from focus n fiesta most ford are bad cars with funny faults
Touran is the best 7 seater if buying second hand or perhaps galaxy
iibdii4 h, 51 m ago

Fabia, i20, fiesta will hold the value compared to any french carDacia is …Fabia, i20, fiesta will hold the value compared to any french carDacia is only french car u will find hold good value but will not be easy to sell

I absolutely hateee the interior of fords, they look so old fashioned, the steering wheel looks like it was plucked out of a 2005 fiesta, about 15 million buttons and a tiny screen but the Fabia and the i20 are okay for how much they’re valued at right now
keebb98 h, 31 m ago

In my experience avoid Renault, electrical problems. Stick with Toyota, …In my experience avoid Renault, electrical problems. Stick with Toyota, audi, BMW, Honda if there in your budget

Might end up going with an Aygo or Yaris, features and budget depending. BMW and Audi would be way out but haven’t looked so I don’t know. Budgets 6-7k. What do you think of a Corsa or and Astra?
BFCsider7 h, 16 m ago

I stumbled across …I stumbled across this....https://www.themoneycalculator.com/vehicle-finance/calculators/car-depreciation-by-make-and-model/RENAULT/CLIOI don't know how accurate it is but it seems close enough for my car.Will only be a good guide if you are paying the right price now though

I’m not entirely sure but looking at what’s for sale right now 6k and above tends to be the average price. It’s the Dynamique S MediaNav model
A 7 year old clio would be around £2000_£3000 that's London prices for second hand cars
iibdii14 h, 41 m ago

Apart from focus n fiesta most ford are bad cars with funny faults Touran …Apart from focus n fiesta most ford are bad cars with funny faults Touran is the best 7 seater if buying second hand or perhaps galaxy

Yet Ford are in the top 10 on the reliability index. VW below Vauxhall ;). Horses for courses really. S Max is a great handling 7 seater. I loved mine. Drives nicer than a Touran although Touran is supposedly a better all rounder. I'd certainly rather drive an S Max.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants