Renault Megane 2 Convertible 1 touch roof

Found 12th Apr 2014
A bit of a random one but my help someone. If you have a megane 2 Convertible then to open and close the roof you have to hold the button until complete. You can very easily make it a one touch operation. Buy a renault cruise control switch. I paid £6 on ebay. The cruise control switch in not spring loaded so when you put it in a position in stays there. really easy to swap the switches takes literally 2 minutes, you just unclipp the front of the centre console., unclip the switch and swap. No rewiring etc needed. Hopefully this will help someone.
Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.
Community Updates
MiscRenault
16 Comments
I don't have the car, but I can imagine how awkward it can be. I guess it maybe a safety feature to prevent you from driving while the roof is in operation?

Anyway, nice little handy tip, I do like the look of those convertibles.
Mmmm any link please to the one you bought? Ta
Even with the new switch the safety features remain. The only difference is the switch has 3 positions. You put it down or up to put the roof down or up then when finished put it back to the middle.
This will work.
Thanks - will give it a go.
That seems to be over riding a safety feature.

You have reported this modification to your insurance company I presume?

oO
how does it override a safety feature? you still can't use it while driving? it just means you press the button instead of hold it.
spence129

how does it override a safety feature? you still can't use it while … how does it override a safety feature? you still can't use it while driving? it just means you press the button instead of hold it.

You could press the button, walk away and something/somebody could get trapped.

Don't forget to tell your insurers.
Have you tried to put the switch back to the centre position, so stops the roof opening/closing? Hubby would like to know as he currently does this every now and then to grease up the moving parts!

Ta
Inactive

You could press the button, walk away and something/somebody could get … You could press the button, walk away and something/somebody could get trapped.Don't forget to tell your insurers.

something/somebody could get trapped even when holding the button. Not going to get far in 20 seconds.
melmorc

Have you tried to put the switch back to the centre position, so stops … Have you tried to put the switch back to the centre position, so stops the roof opening/closing? Hubby would like to know as he currently does this every now and then to grease up the moving parts!Ta

yes you can stop it half way no problem.
spence129

something/somebody could get trapped even when holding the button. Not … something/somebody could get trapped even when holding the button. Not going to get far in 20 seconds.

It is a safety feature that you are circumventing, I bet your insurers will hammer you when you declare what you have done.
Inactive

It is a safety feature that you are circumventing, I bet your insurers … It is a safety feature that you are circumventing, I bet your insurers will hammer you when you declare what you have done.

maybe if they are jobsworths like you. loads of roofs have 1 touch.
Inactive

It is a safety feature that you are circumventing, I bet your insurers … It is a safety feature that you are circumventing, I bet your insurers will hammer you when you declare what you have done.

His insurance will go through the roof (_;)
Inactive

I can almost guarantee they won't give a toss. Stop spouting rubbish.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions