Renault scenic X reg

Found 18th Feb
Hi, my car won't start It's had new battery New starter When I turn the key all lights come on dash board I've tried with jump leads and nothing but if i Park on a hill it bump starts fine, I take for a drive but as soon as i turn it off she won't start, it's my work horse and l drive on some bumpy lanes if that helps
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
A friend of mine had a similar problem, it was a fuse in a fuse box in the engine bay. Sorry I can't be of more help, I would Google for fuse locations on your specific model.
Most likely starter or earth strap. Put a jump lead from negative terminal on battery onto a bracket on the engine. If it starts its the strap
123batman3212 h, 2 m ago

Most likely starter or earth strap. Put a jump lead from negative terminal …Most likely starter or earth strap. Put a jump lead from negative terminal on battery onto a bracket on the engine. If it starts its the strap

I'd second that
Probably same as the clios
Chassis to engine strap broken
It'll be something to do with starter or power supply to starter eg fuse, wire/s, ignition barrel etc..

But being a Renault is it's biggest fault ;).
.MUFC.37 m ago

It'll be something to do with starter or power supply to starter eg fuse, …It'll be something to do with starter or power supply to starter eg fuse, wire/s, ignition barrel etc.. But being a Renault is it's biggest fault ;).

Everyone I know who has had post early 90's Renaults has suffered electrical problems, the funniest was when it snowed and somehow caused a sunroof to open and car filled with snow
Electrics on Renaults are terrible take it from someone who was pulled out unconscious from a burning one which randomly decided to blow up and had to have a skin graft due to burns. I wasn’t even driving it. Had only unalarmed it and got in it.

Never again, now avoid all French cars.

Renault
Citroen
Peugeot
Vauxhall.
cmdr_elito11 h, 48 m ago

Electrics on Renaults are terrible take it from someone who was pulled out …Electrics on Renaults are terrible take it from someone who was pulled out unconscious from a burning one which randomly decided to blow up and had to have a skin graft due to burns. I wasn’t even driving it. Had only unalarmed it and got in it. Never again, now avoid all French cars. RenaultCitroen Peugeot Vauxhall.

Thats bad, hope you are recovered now and not suffering long term from that. How come you ended up unconscious? Burns and scalds are the worst. I've got a bit of gimp leg from a scald as a child, its not the scars you can see what's worst with burns its the underlying muscle and tendon damage.

Really bugs me with modern cars, the electrics are way too complicated and you need a computer to diagnose and repair, thats why I have traded a Pug for a 44 year old VW.
harlzter8 h, 36 m ago

Thats bad, hope you are recovered now and not suffering long term from …Thats bad, hope you are recovered now and not suffering long term from that. How come you ended up unconscious? Burns and scalds are the worst. I've got a bit of gimp leg from a scald as a child, its not the scars you can see what's worst with burns its the underlying muscle and tendon damage.Really bugs me with modern cars, the electrics are way too complicated and you need a computer to diagnose and repair, thats why I have traded a Pug for a 44 year old VW.

Don’t know. Unalarmed it, got in it and came to in an ambulance soaking wet with police there asking me if I knew anyone that would try and kill me. I can only guess that it exploded in some way, luckily I was parked about 800yds from the fire station so it took them less than a minute to get to me. There was only a very burnt metal frame (no paint on it) and the road had to be resurfaced. It could have been far more serious, I was fortunately wearing jeans and leather which they think stop some of the initial heat.
harlzter8 h, 37 m ago

Thats bad, hope you are recovered now and not suffering long term from …Thats bad, hope you are recovered now and not suffering long term from that. How come you ended up unconscious? Burns and scalds are the worst. I've got a bit of gimp leg from a scald as a child, its not the scars you can see what's worst with burns its the underlying muscle and tendon damage.Really bugs me with modern cars, the electrics are way too complicated and you need a computer to diagnose and repair, thats why I have traded a Pug for a 44 year old VW.

Modern cars have a lot more safety in them and are better earthed etc.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions