Renew Three Contract Before Friday or Lose Free Roaming in May

Posted 29th Sep 2021
Three is ending free roaming at the end of May 2022 unless you take out/renew a contract before the end of September 2021.
Community Updates
New Comment

8 Comments

sorted by
  1. Avatar
    Thanks for bringing this up
    Hopefully it'll help many here like me, in contract with Three or with plans to join them.
    Worth to mention that...

Three is to start charging new and upgrading pay monthly and Sim-only customers roaming fees of £2/day to use their monthly allowances in Europe from 23 May 2022. In addition, the mobile provider will ditch a core deal that allowed many customers to use their inclusive minutes, texts and data in 22 non-European destinations and instead charge customers £5/day.

No existing Three customer is impacted as things stand though as it only affects pay-monthly or Sim-only customers who sign up to a new Three deal or actively renew their contract on or from Friday 1 October. This means you can let your contract roll on from 1 October to avoid the charges (see below for more on this).

Pay-as-you-go users are not affected by these changes, including its optional pay-as-you-go 'Data Packs' (which are valid for one calendar month from the date of purchase).

More HERE. (edited)
  2. Avatar
    Currently have £5 Unlimited with 2 price increases may as well keep a hold of my sim if I remain on the Unlimited Advance Plan I assume Go Roam would still apply for all the countries listed? Or is it just Europe?
  3. Avatar
    Author
    StewartHardie29/09/2021 15:05

Currently have £5 Unlimited with 2 price increases may as well keep a hold …Currently have £5 Unlimited with 2 price increases may as well keep a hold of my sim if I remain on the Unlimited Advance Plan I assume Go Roam would still apply for all the countries listed? Or is it just Europe?

It applies to all 71 countries supposedly. Three's website not very clear about those on rolling one month contracts
  4. Avatar
    Dickster129/09/2021 15:06

It applies to all 71 countries supposedly. Three's website not very clear …It applies to all 71 countries supposedly. Three's website not very clear about those on rolling one month contracts

Just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't try to throw me off then
  5. Avatar
    StewartHardie29/09/2021 15:07

Just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't try to throw me off …Just have to keep my fingers crossed that they don't try to throw me off then

Is something they've done in the past.
  6. Avatar
    Just took an additional contract out so don't loose the GO Roaming SIM only £8per month 12gb unlimited mins unlimited texts as if I wanted to upgrade early they want £34!
  7. Avatar
    Jacksprat29/09/2021 15:36

Just took an additional contract out so don't loose the GO Roaming SIM …Just took an additional contract out so don't loose the GO Roaming SIM only £8per month 12gb unlimited mins unlimited texts as if I wanted to upgrade early they want £34!

Opportunity of £7.50/m for unlim data/mins/SMS and (assumed) pre-Oct21 roaming services until Sept 2022 on 12m 3 SIMO for those comfortable to play the game:
    18/m to 3
    96 redemption c/b
    30 TCB
    equiv = 7.50/m for each of the 12 contract months

affordablemobiles.co.uk/sim…ion

topcashback.co.uk/aff…es/

Can cancel any recent SIMO within 14days, assuming comfortable with additional credit check hit for another SIMO contract.
  8. Avatar
    I renewed our 4 SIM only contracts a few days ago - 2 year deal at £8pm for 12Gb u/l texts & calls and includes roaming till September 2023,