Rent due every four weeks (28) days - Is there an easy print out calendar to with clearly marked days!?

32 replies
Found 24th Oct 2009
The landlady takes rent for the property every 28days.
Moved into the property on August 19th of this year.
Is there an online calendar type thing I can print out which'll show months from August 2009 - August 2010- where every 28th day can be highlighted to make it easier to know in advance what day rent is due? i.e., first payment due Aug 19th, 2nd due 4 weeks /28 days after etc

Found this one (first post), but it's a bit of a faff to read..

Rep awaits
Thanks in advance

32 Comments

Original Poster

]Found this

but would like sommat like this lay out BUT starting in Aug09 till Aug10 etc..
http://www.syzygy.com.tw/pix/calendar2009_e.gif

Can't you just put a reminder in your phone?

Are you on housing benefit, as rent is usually only paid every 28 days for HB claimants.

Original Poster

thesaint;6670563

Can't you just put a reminder in your phone?Are you on housing benefit, … Can't you just put a reminder in your phone?Are you on housing benefit, as rent is usually only paid every 28 days for HB claimants.

nope, not on housing benefit- but my tennants are! she's come around saying rent is from the 19th to the 19th of every month... we had agreed ever 28days, so i reckon she's pulling the wool over my eyes, and i wanna set her straight and give the calendar to her with days marked clearly- before i approach the council. wont be my property for too long now, but whilst it is, im not willing to just brush the matter aside..

so the council definately pay every 28days?

If you using firefox add the add-on 'Reminderfox' then open the app hit 'add reminder' call it something like pay rent then choose a date to pay. Then tick the 'repeat' box and choose 'custom' from the menu then 'daily' on the next and put in '28' days in the box and hit ok. Next hit 'show alarm popup' and hit ok.

All done.

samwants2save;6670612

nope, not on housing benefit- but my tennants are! she's come around … nope, not on housing benefit- but my tennants are! she's come around saying rent is from the 19th to the 19th of every month... we had agreed ever 28days, so i reckon she's pulling the wool over my eyes, and i wanna set her straight and give the calendar to her with days marked clearly- before i approach the council. wont be my property for too long now, but whilst it is, im not willing to just brush the matter aside..so the council definately pay every 28days?

I don't understand "my tenants are"?

If the amount is the same, you're better off paying monthly as opposed to every 28 days.
The rent would run from the 19th to the 18th using her scenario anyway.

These are your 28 day pay dates:

11th Nov, 9th dec, 6th Jan, 3rd Feb, 3rd Mar, 31st Mar, 28th April, 26th May, 23rd june, 21st July, 18th Aug

Edited to add:
HB usually pay in four weekly cycles, but I would need to know more about what your monthly rent is to tell you what your weekly/4 weekly rent should be.

samwants2save;6670612

nope, not on housing benefit- but my tennants are! she's come around … nope, not on housing benefit- but my tennants are! she's come around saying rent is from the 19th to the 19th of every month... we had agreed ever 28days, so i reckon she's pulling the wool over my eyes, and i wanna set her straight and give the calendar to her with days marked clearly- before i approach the council. wont be my property for too long now, but whilst it is, im not willing to just brush the matter aside..so the council definately pay every 28days?

Every council is different, some pay weekly, some pay fortnightly, some pay 4 weekly and some pay at the end of the month say sometime between 23-30th but its the same each month so if they pay on the 25th one month it will be the 25th the next month(unless its a weekend of course)

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6670650

If you using firefox add the add-on 'Reminderfox' then open the app hit … If you using firefox add the add-on 'Reminderfox' then open the app hit 'add reminder' call it something like pay rent then choose a date to pay. Then tick the 'repeat' box and choose 'custom' from the menu then 'daily' on the next and put in '28' days in the box and hit ok. Next hit 'show alarm popup' and hit ok.All done.

:?using internet explore.. don't have firefox.
is that a printable thingie then?

Original Poster

thesaint;6670656

Edited to add:HB pay in four weekly cycles, but I would need to know more … Edited to add:HB pay in four weekly cycles, but I would need to know more about what your monthly rent is to tell you what your 4 weekly rent should be.

it is £850 per 28days (same every month untill August 2010)

samwants2save;6670664

:?using internet explore.. don't have firefox.is that a printable thingie … :?using internet explore.. don't have firefox.is that a printable thingie then?

No, sorry no print out, didn't read the thread. But it is good for keeping track of lots of things rent, bills, birthdays, meetings, tv reminder.:thumbsup:

Internet Explorer.:oops:

Just get the dates off a calender and put them in excel with payment amounts then print it off for her. When she has paid update it as paid and send her a copy then you'll both have records.

samwants2save;6670686

That's £920.83 per month.
Don't you have a contract? You haven't explained who "your tenants" are.

Banned

samwants2save;6670686

thats a heck of alot of rent!
how many rooms you have at your place?
and how do you survive? do you earn a wage of £1500 plus or something?

Original Poster

thesaint;6670705

That's £920.83 per month.Don't you have a contract? You haven't explained … That's £920.83 per month.Don't you have a contract? You haven't explained who "your tenants" are.

'my tenants' as in, i'm the landlady (!)
yes, that's the thing- we have a contract, and i have never spoken to the council myself, just had about a billion forms to fill in. In all of them, it was stated 850 per 28days.

Original Poster

kapows;6670728

thats a heck of alot of rent!how many rooms you have at your place?and … thats a heck of alot of rent!how many rooms you have at your place?and how do you survive? do you earn a wage of £1500 plus or something?

that's pretty decent for around here! its a 3bed.

Banned

you know what, we were all under the impression YOU are a TENNANT and your landlady is asking for the money every 28 days!!!!

Original Poster

err.. does nobody have a link to a calendar then? lol

saint, thats ace m'dear -re. the dates you stated when the rent is due. maybe i'll print off a normal calendar and then circle the dates myself in a big red marker pen!

Original Poster

kapows;6670800

you know what, we were all under the impression YOU are a TENNANT and … you know what, we were all under the impression YOU are a TENNANT and your landlady is asking for the money every 28 days!!!!

:oops:

Banned

samwants2save;6670793

that's pretty decent for around here! its a 3bed.

serious??? wow!
must be on a high wage, people in your area

Banned

samwants2save;6670801

err.. does nobody have a link to a calendar then? lolsaint, thats ace … err.. does nobody have a link to a calendar then? lolsaint, thats ace m'dear -re. the dates you stated when the rent is due. maybe i'll print off a normal calendar and then circle the dates myself in a big red marker pen!

ill find one hold on

ok tell us exactly what you want..again lol

Original Poster

kapows;6670815

ill find one hold onok tell us exactly what you want..again lol

yep, mega high wages (not) or on housing benefit!:-D

i would like, PLEASE, a calendar. from Aug09 to Aug10, showing every 28th day highlighted - so the 19th of August will be the first date highlighted and then the 28th september and so on and so forth (as per saints dates above) which will inform the tennant that this is the day the rent must be paid. it's for her to stick on her fridge door or wherever so she can give me the rent on time.. anything to stop the house getting repossessed by the mortgage company:whistling:

can you find one? pretty pleease!?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6670889

My dads at £800 a month is a rubbish 3 bed with a tiny box room, a mature … My dads at £800 a month is a rubbish 3 bed with a tiny box room, a mature student, his wife and a kid live there, always pay late though, but we're in the process of selling the house finally, woooo, new TV for us.

same here, late payers..insisting the council only pays them from the 19th to the 19th of the next month:whistling: i think the council should should buck up and start paying landlords direct...cut out the middle man;-)

Banned

i think you will have to print them out and do them by hand lol ive had a quick look but i cant find a site which will allow you to input a date, and then do the calculations for you and come out with one day a month highlighted

site - vertex42.com/cal…tml

Original Poster

kapows;6670937

i think you will have to print them out and do them by hand lol ive had a … i think you will have to print them out and do them by hand lol ive had a quick look but i cant find a site which will allow you to input a date, and then do the calculations for you and come out with one day a month highlighted :(site - http://www.vertex42.com/calendars/printable-calendars.html

:thumbsup:cheers m'dears. No worries, thanks a bunch for helping, rep well deserved.

Repped all other inputters too. thanks a bunch.

samwants2save;6670910

same here, late payers..insisting the council only pays them from the … same here, late payers..insisting the council only pays them from the 19th to the 19th of the next month:whistling: i think the council should should buck up and start paying landlords direct...cut out the middle man;-)

I think thats a terrible idea imo but saying that if I was on hb I would want payment to go direct as would save any hassle of LL claiming non receipt of rent!

But I think just directly paying LL without any choice is a horrible idea since then the LL can be as lazy, nasty or whatever as they want and tenant has to live with it.

Plus there would be the problem with the excess money each week i.e the £15 maximum extra, if the landlord got that they would have more than the rent each week!

HB/LHA is a TENANTS money not the landlords money, its their money that they should pay to a landlord, obv if they dont often they are just greedy.

The only way I could see the money ever going direct to LL would be if there was more properties available for people on benefits instead of the recent changes driving LL's away and making them cynical as IMO if a tenant gets HB/LHA its a sure bet because as long as they claim benefits and dont start work you have that guaranteed money.

samwants2save;6670910

same here, late payers..insisting the council only pays them from the … same here, late payers..insisting the council only pays them from the 19th to the 19th of the next month:whistling: i think the council should should buck up and start paying landlords direct...cut out the middle man;-)

If you are the landlady it is up to you when you want to receive the rent. Just because the housing benefit is paid every 4 weeks doesn't mean you have to receive it every 4 weeks.
I currently get housing benefit every 4 weeks but am changed every month by my landlords property management company (only £350 here :-D)
This means that as the housing benefit comes every 4 weeks there will be a point where 2 payments could be received in a 1month period.

samwants2save;6670786

'my tenants' as in, i'm the landlady (!)yes, that's the thing- we have a … 'my tenants' as in, i'm the landlady (!)yes, that's the thing- we have a contract, and i have never spoken to the council myself, just had about a billion forms to fill in. In all of them, it was stated 850 per 28days.

samwants2save;6670801

saint, thats ace m'dear -re. the dates you stated when the rent is due. … saint, thats ace m'dear -re. the dates you stated when the rent is due. maybe i'll print off a normal calendar and then circle the dates myself in a big red marker pen!

Forget what the forms say, you only have one contract which is a tenancy agreement.
It will say on that what the rent is, and how often it is due.
Whether they pay 17 daily/monthly/bi-monthly etc is irrelevant.

samwants2save;6670910

Have you got permission from the tenants to speak to the council? It's usually on the housing benefit form itself. If you do, just phone the council, and ask them what the period they pay is.

As long as the tenancy agreement states £850 per 28 days you are due £850 every 28 days.

The council will pay you direct, but the tenants would need to be in arrears to the tune of the equivalent of 8 weeks or more.

ryouga;6670993

I think thats a terrible idea imo but saying that if I was on hb I would … I think thats a terrible idea imo but saying that if I was on hb I would want payment to go direct as would save any hassle of LL claiming non receipt of rent!But I think just directly paying LL without any choice is a horrible idea since then the LL can be as lazy, nasty or whatever as they want and tenant has to live with it.Plus there would be the problem with the excess money each week i.e the £15 maximum extra, if the landlord got that they would have more than the rent each week!HB/LHA is a TENANTS money not the landlords money, its their money that they should pay to a landlord, obv if they dont often they are just greedy.The only way I could see the money ever going direct to LL would be if there was more properties available for people on benefits instead of the recent changes driving LL's away and making them cynical as IMO if a tenant gets HB/LHA its a sure bet because as long as they claim benefits and dont start work you have that guaranteed money.

As usual ryouga you are talking absolute rubbish. You really have no idea

donnydude;6670997

If you are the landlady it is up to you when you want to receive the … If you are the landlady it is up to you when you want to receive the rent. Just because the housing benefit is paid every 4 weeks doesn't mean you have to receive it every 4 weeks.I currently get housing benefit every 4 weeks but am changed every month by my landlords property management company (only £350 here :-D)This means that as the housing benefit comes every 4 weeks there will be a point where 2 payments could be received in a 1month period.

True true, I had a LL a few years back wanting rent in advance though at the time I just left college and was signing on so could only pay 2 weeks advance each month, but the contract actually said the rent was weekly in advance(which he denied so i took to housing aid and got them to copy it)

donnydude;6671008

As usual ryouga you are talking absolute rubbish. You really have no idea

Why am I talking rubbish?

Its the councils themselves who say this very thing!

Is this still going on. ]Here you go.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6671036

Is this still going … Is this still going on.http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff26/GAVINLEWISHUKD/28daysrent.jpg Here you go.

Incorrect. So I guess it will go on a bit longer

thesaint;6671059

Incorrect. So I guess it will go on a bit longer

That was for demo purposes only. Using 2009 calender for the new year was deliberate......Honest!:oops:

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD;6671036

Is this still going on. ]Here you go.

thank you:thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…820
    2. Aliexpress - To be trusted?68
    3. Tablet recommendation ror 5yr old- ideally with a stylus22
    4. Driving anxiety.2738

See more discussions