Found 30th Aug 2009
was thinking of renting a room last week but have been looking at 1 bed flat prices and there not that much more,can someone tell me the minimum age to rent a flat/ways i could persaude them to let me have it,anyway so heres the one i'm intrested in-
primelocation.com/uk-…045

15 Comments

Sloth/Mod

It's entirely upto the landlord what minimum age they accept.

Original Poster

Syzable;6159082

It's entirely upto the landlord what minimum age they accept.

didnt know that,will email them now +see if i can intrest them:thumbsup:

i found tht alot turned me down untill i was 21 good luck with it not sure how old u are x

How old are you?

Consider council tax and utilities, TV licence etc. etc. - these all make a one bedroom flat a lot more expensive overall, plus depending on your age, you might struggle with some utilities I would guess.

Original Poster

Original Poster

pghstochaj;6159104

How old are you?Consider council tax and utilities, TV licence etc. etc. … How old are you?Consider council tax and utilities, TV licence etc. etc. - these all make a one bedroom flat a lot more expensive overall, plus depending on your age, you might struggle with some utilities I would guess.

yeer i knew it was gonna be about another third more pcm with all bills etc,im nearly 17 but i though renting a flat would be so much more better than a room:thumbsup:

You can't be a party to a contract until you are 18.

(You could sign a licence, but not a tenancy though)

its alot easier if you are working atm. some rejects you if they know you are only a student no matter how old you are.

Original Poster

Slash;6159154

its alot easier if you are working atm. some rejects you if they know … its alot easier if you are working atm. some rejects you if they know you are only a student no matter how old you are.

yes am working full time atm:thumbsup:

JACKIT99;6159145

yeer i knew it was gonna be about another third more pcm with all bills … yeer i knew it was gonna be about another third more pcm with all bills etc,im nearly 17 but i though renting a flat would be so much more better than a room:thumbsup:

Gas, Electricity, Water, Council Tax, TV License, Phone, Broadband, TV... it all adds up so £395/month for rent might be easy for you to pay but you have to consider every other bill.

Original Poster

tinkerbell28;6159163

^^ No chance as the landlord cannot legally hold you to a contract until … ^^ No chance as the landlord cannot legally hold you to a contract until you are 18, same with utilities, I did it when I was 17 years ago, hardly checked etc, it's not so easy now. You are id'd credit checked for everything.

intresting,would that still be the same if it wasnt through an agent?

:?

Sloth/Mod

Move in with Tinkerbell............she has a fridge full of Cheeeeeeeeeeese. :-D

Original Poster

Syzable;6159174

Move in with Tinkerbell............she has a fridge full of … Move in with Tinkerbell............she has a fridge full of Cheeeeeeeeeeese. :-D

LOLZ:thumbsup:

Will be difficult but you may have a better chance of finding a landlord that will accept your age privately, such as in the local newspapers?

Otherwise, try estate agents - maybe if your parents will act as your guarantors then you might find one who will give you a chance

I don't think it's impossible you will just have to keep trying and be patient.

Me and OH found a place when we had just turned 18, which was difficult.

Oh, and good luck

Banned

If you are under 18 you'd have to get your folks (or legal guardian) and landlord to come to an agreement

btw stalker alert, might want to remove your proposed gaff
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Why was the deal I just posted removed?78
    2. Foo fighters presale code.109
    3. Advice on a cheaper hand held vacuum please.33
    4. Lost snipping tool on windows 10 laptop48

See more discussions