Found 15th May 2008
Evening,

I will apologise in advance if this is a stupid question, but What is rep? I have seen on some posts people commenting that they have added to people's reputation, and I just wondered how you do it, and what it means!

Thanks
Charlotte

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

Banned

People use it to say thanks if they have helped them. to give it, you click on one of the buttons on the lefthand side of the avatar.

you add rep by clicking on the small scales to the left of the persons avatar, you can add it if they have helped or pleased you in some way. you can leave a comment & your name if you wish ... otherwise it's annon'

If you think someones post is worthy, then you can click the 'weighing scales' icon to the left of their avatar to leave them some rep. The more people that 'rep' you , you will get more orange and red circles below your name.

Hope this answers your question sufficiently :thumbsup:

[SIZE=2][SIZE=1]]http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/185168/rep/../../185145/free-o-o-driveled-2-license-registr/images/smilies/icon_arrow.gif] [COLOR=DeepSkyBlue]Newcomers advice on HotUKDeals[/COLOR]

[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Reputation[/COLOR][/SIZE] You click on the … [SIZE=3][COLOR=Red]Reputation[/COLOR][/SIZE] You click on the button underneath somebody's username if you find their post helpful. You are encouraged to spread it around as much as you like. When you click on the button you can leave positive rep (for helpful deals and things which have helped). You can also leave a comment. Reputation is anonymous; however the recipient of the reputation will be able to see the comment and which post was made.You can view your reputation points and comments people have left for you >> ]HERE ]"Control Panel" near the top right of the forum. The most recent 10 comments are available for view, and the total points are in the top right of the rep area. What the different coloured boxes mean: Orange lights in your rep mean that you have received positive reputation from someone with a positive reputation score. This will have increased your points. Grey lights are also positive rep, but have been given by someone with no reputation, and therefore does not have the ability to affect your reputation score. This will have had no effect on your points. When you give out rep, it is not a set amount. The more you have, the more you give with a single click.

if you click the scales button to the left of an avator if someone has been helpfull in a post. you can give it to anyone but only once and ten times (i think) to different people in a 24 hr period the more rep you have the more you leave othjer people. if you have no rep you leave a blue square on the persons profile otherwise its red or orange circles...and leave your name or its anon

negged.

black gerbil1;2105389

negged.

dont confuse the poor person!!

Original Poster

Thanks everyone,

That was well explained, I am glad there is a way of showing my appreciation for help.

Rep added to you all!!!!

Original Poster

black gerbil1;2105389

negged.

OK... what the blinkin heck is 'negged'?!?

Banned

o_bee_one;2105403

There used to be negative rep but was taken off since it was abused by people

o_bee_one;2105403

Is what you often get if you marry a posh woman. ;-)

He was joking. On some forums you can give neggative reputation for things you don't agree with. You can only give positive reputation on HUKD.

Original Poster

OK, that clears that up then, as you can tell it doesnt take much to confuse me!

nightswimmer;2105422

Is what you often get if you marry a posh woman. ;-)

You wish:whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Any PS4 News Here29313888
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2684
    3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247592
    4. sweet Sundays codes need to be redeemed by 23.59 on the 19th of October44

See more discussions