Groups
    EXPIRED

rep for giving me a word

what's the term for it when you transfer money direct into someone's account?

24 Comments

Bank Transfer..?

Bank Wire Transfer? :?

wire??

a bank transfer?

Yeah its a bank wire transfer..

transaction

Generous........thought it more original than the real answer thats already been given!

Supermod

It is actually called a "Telegraphic transfer". Most practices shorten it to "TT".

Naeem786;5019718

Bank Wire Transfer? :?

:roll:

if you are setting something up on your internet banking it will come under the heading 'payments' but otherwise it is known as a Bank Transfer

or deposit?

deposit

CHAPS Transfer?

Original Poster

that'll be the badger. Danke.

I think you're referring to a BACS transfer, which is the mechanism used for making payment via Internet banks such as First Direct, HSBC et al.

Supermod

Cantona_7;5019760

CHAPS Transfer?

Correct. Thats the bank term for it. That and BACS (which is the 3-4 working days). CHAPS is usually the same working day. Even though I have quoted you, this is just general information as I know you will probably already know this!!

electronic funds transfer

so which one is it op?

Not withdrawl ?

Trust me I'm a Nigerian Prince

Honest

what about, you send me some money, and i then tell you what it says on my statement?

Bacs

!

If I could just have your sort code and account number, I can wire you the monies immediately.

http://www.davie.me.uk/images/likes/fonejacker.jpg

Escrow if a third party handles the transaction or just Wire if it's direct.

Original Poster

bargainhunter2009;5019795

so which one is it op?

Bank transfer was the one I think I was trying to think of. Rep'd everyone for lending my ailing brain a hand, though. Except Cantona, who posted a few moments too late, and i'd given out all the rep I had to give today before I got to his post, unfortunately.

cheers all.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Did you know?2951
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?2336
      3. Veteran TV host Sir Bruce Forsyth dies at 892529
      4. Veteran TV presenter doesn't die but gets damages from the Police - is that…66

See more discussions