Groups

Repair iPhone 3GS

Need some help please guys...

I think i managed to brick my 3GS whilst trying to Jailbreak it. Tried numerous things to fix it but reall struggling to make it enter DFU mode. iTunes no longer recognises it and it doesn't always want to switch on now!

Any suggestions on a reliable fix please?

13 Comments

have you tried holding down home and power till it apears back in itunes ? ( about 20 - 30 secs )

Original Poster

I've tried that but 9/10 times it won't be recognised by itunes, the other 1/10 times iTunes comes up with an error?

Banned

My iPod touch did this before. Google it, there's a solution but I can't remember what it is

Original Poster

I've been googling for past hour now but keeping going round in circles lol

whatever the error number is- type it into google and there will be a soloution to it.

i remember doing this to my iphone after updating the baseband and i think i had to get a custom recovery image i think

Banned

I vaguely remember having to connect to iTunes, press power and home until the apple logo appears and disappears and just leave it. It can take hours to do it's stuff though

Original Poster

ah sounds likely...i tried updating my baseband. How did you get a custom recovery image?

to be honest i cant remember, i remember it was a pain in the **** tho lol

it was something like this forums.macrumors.com/sho…509

you will need to download an older or customer firmware..you open itunes..think you hold shift and select update. you should be able to pick your custom one...think thats it...been a long time since i **** something up

Original Poster

cheers akme...trouble is iTunes won't pick the iPhone up....think at this rate i'll have to send it off to get fixed!

U need a program called little umbrella or something like that it will help put it back into dfu mode. Hope that helps

Snoop7

U need a program called little umbrella or something like that it will … U need a program called little umbrella or something like that it will help put it back into dfu mode. Hope that helps

The programme is called 'Tiny Umbrella'... It's a godsend! Saved my last iPhone from the dreaded 'Bricking', so worth s try :).x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Magazine competitions - Issue 39 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk88
      2. mail on sunday comp - win a £3,000 thomas cook gift e-card44
      3. WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE TRIP TO SAN FRANCISCO11
      4. LG G6 International [email protected] droidauthority22

See more discussions