Groups

Repairing a futon

Hi,

I just wondered if anyone knows a cheap place to get a medium sized needle. Basically I need to repair a futon.

To repair it I need to thread string from one side to the other in several places and tie this string on either side with a buttons so that each side holds together reasonably tightly.

5 Comments

I assume you mean the mattress? If so then any needle that's long enough will be fine as it's only compressed cotton etc inside.

You can usually get packs of different size needles at poundland

Banned

Haberdashery shop.

Shop repaires a good one.

Original Poster

You'll never believe me but I never got round to fixing this thing. I was thinking of maybe buying some threadable knitting needles or something from ebay.

To repair it I need to thread string from one side to the other in … To repair it I need to thread string from one side to the other in several places and tie this string on either side with a buttons so that each side holds together reasonably tightly.

Also could do with some advice as to how to flatten down the to innards as it does have a few lumps in it.

Many thanks!

I'll let you have the advice in a couple of years
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions