Expired

Repairing a V3 motorola, is it really worth it -Update it seems to be the sim in the v3

Banned 17 replies
Found 27th Oct 2010
In before the urine take, but hey ho feel free but also offer some advice please

i have no light on my old treasured mobile, is it worth repairing or buying a new one, if the latter anyone recommend one that is not to techie for an oldie

17 Comments

I personally wouldn't bother, Sometimes it's better to move on..

Yeah it's time to move on. As hard as it can be letting go, sometimes it's the only option. It can be a very difficult stage to go through in ones life, don't worry though we have on demand therapy when you need it.
Edited by: "PraxxtorCruel" 27th Oct 2010

Original Poster Banned

i have an old nokia 3220 but you should see the looks i am getting - pmsl

i want something not to hard to work, but something not out of the dark ages

whatsThePoint

you can get something like a Nokia 1661 for £5 plus £10 credit

Yes, I agree.
Look here sassie
e2save has the 1661 nokia
and with £7.50 cashback.

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

what budget?

not to sure really, dont want a state of the art thing, i wouldnt know how to use it so really under a £100

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

almost unlimited choice for under £100, any features you want?

not really, just easy to use, i dont really use it alot but the ones my daughter recommends are all like touch screens and not sure how i would get on with them oO

i really like my V3

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

I didn't get on with the touch screen i had tbh to much messing about if … I didn't get on with the touch screen i had tbh to much messing about if you needed to enter a number while in a call, what ever phone i get i always ending up using my old nokia 7600 oOIf your really happy with the V3 find somewhere that does a free quote or what about an used one off ebay etc?

because daughter says its time to get into this century - lol

think i will nip into town on saturday and see if i can get a quote to get it fixed

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

you can still buy them new, loads on amazon for around £65

bleedin hell, they still the same price all these years later - lol

No pink ones
Edited by: "sassie" 27th Oct 2010

Banned

buy an iphone.

vibeone

buy an iphone.

Knew this one was coming :).

Original Poster Banned

whatsThePoint

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Motorola-Free-mobile-phone-Pink/dp/B000E9QDUS

thanks, will see how much mine will cost to repair, surely a new ligh aint gonna cost to much to wack in - lol

sassie

bleedin hell, they still the same price all these years later - lolNo … bleedin hell, they still the same price all these years later - lolNo pink ones

Sassie what about ebay, loads on there.

just noticed WTP already suggested ebay, I'll go back to watching The Apprentice.

Edited by: "richp" 27th Oct 2010

Keep your eyes peeled on ebay in the very late evening & early hours & eventually you'll snap up a bargain then sell your old one on there for parts & you'll probably only be out of pocket a few pounds.

Banned

Pr3cious18

Knew this one was coming :).

Am I that consistent :P

Info about iPhones: brighthouseblog.co.uk/ind…nt/
Edited by: "vibeone" 27th Oct 2010

Original Poster Banned

update - it is the sim card somehow, the sim is fine in my old nokia phone and has been working fine in my v3, but now when sim card is in v3 there is no screen light, had this sim about 2 weeks

P.s Old sim still works fine in v3 and screen fine, but newest sim brings no light after being in phone for two weeks of being ok
Edited by: "sassie" 27th Oct 2010

i know what u mean, I really treasure my old phones aswell, thats why I still use my motorola startac 130 every now and then!

Banned

sassie

update - it is the sim card somehow, the sim is fine in my old nokia … update - it is the sim card somehow, the sim is fine in my old nokia phone and has been working fine in my v3, but now when sim card is in v3 there is no screen light, had this sim about 2 weeksP.s Old sim still works fine in v3 and screen fine, but newest sim brings no light after being in phone for two weeks of being ok

Thanks for the update xx
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I thought the 'Dementia tax' had gone for good,apparently not.712
    2. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet1532
    3. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 192 ***519
    4. Follow-up to the closure of Kids Company in 2015.713

See more discussions