Repairs for my S6

Found 12th Sep 2017Edited by:"Faisal007"
Hi

My s6 headphone jack is broken. Something came out of it. gave it to samsung and they quoated me £156 to get everthing fix. Is there a cheaper place to get this issue fix. what websites have you use and trust?

samsung said its the earjack port/ rear unit which is broken as someting came out of it
Community Updates
Ask
12 Comments
If the S6 is under 24 moths old, you should be covered under warrantee.
sybexx7 m ago

If the S6 is under 24 moths old, you should be covered under warrantee.

they said that it does not cover the warrenty
Rowlocks - they tried this on with my son's Samsung S5 when the charging port went. Simply put the item is not fit for purpose and not durable. He ended up getting a S7 in replacement.

i must say that I found Samsung excruciatingly painful to deal with - both their (franchised) service centres and U.K. Support.
Hi we use a place near us in northampton replace base... my s6 back cracked charged 20 to fix only took bout hour other s6 front smashed accidentally dropped was 120 that was 3 hours about as had to set etc. If your local pop in they are really lovely and so helpful they also do postal give them a call for a quote.
The part itself is around £7, if you looking search with your exact model number then "daughter board". This board also contains your charging connector. Quite a few youtube video's also if you wish to have a look and try yourself.
Cheapest option: switch to wireless earphones/headphones

For power port switch to wireless charging.
Edited by: "hearts22" 13th Sep 2017
discobob16 h, 58 m ago

Rowlocks - they tried this on with my son's Samsung S5 when the charging …Rowlocks - they tried this on with my son's Samsung S5 when the charging port went. Simply put the item is not fit for purpose and not durable. He ended up getting a S7 in replacement.i must say that I found Samsung excruciatingly painful to deal with - both their (franchised) service centres and U.K. Support.

where is that place as i am in birmingham
cecilmcroberts16 h, 7 m ago

The part itself is around £7, if you looking search with your exact model …The part itself is around £7, if you looking search with your exact model number then "daughter board". This board also contains your charging connector. Quite a few youtube video's also if you wish to have a look and try yourself.

would not want to try myself because i have had a look it seems to be difficult. would perfer someone who knows how to do it
irishbaby16 h, 26 m ago

Hi we use a place near us in northampton replace base... my s6 back …Hi we use a place near us in northampton replace base... my s6 back cracked charged 20 to fix only took bout hour other s6 front smashed accidentally dropped was 120 that was 3 hours about as had to set etc. If your local pop in they are really lovely and so helpful they also do postal give them a call for a quote.

im in birmingham
hearts223 h, 44 m ago

Cheapest option: switch to wireless earphones/headphonesFor power port …Cheapest option: switch to wireless earphones/headphonesFor power port switch to wireless charging.

want to get it fix as i use my phone for music when driving
I used the term Rowlocks - instead of another word beginning with B - take it to a Samsung Service Centre and quote durability and not fit for purpose at them
You can post it to them or other places as Well. Thanks
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions