Replace my brilliant Huawei phone

Posted 19th Aug
So I've had the Huawei mate 10 pro phoen for about 3 years. It's been brilliant. Rock solid. Fantastic camera, great battery life and still looks great despite numerous drops and bumps. I'd keep going with it but now that it's not going to be updated with Google security updates I need to replace it with something in the £200-400 range. Camera, screen and battery life is important to me. Any suggestions?
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Is it all huawei phones that are not getting updates including mate 20, p30 ?
Mark_Hickman19/08/2020 21:06

Is it all huawei phones that are not getting updates including mate 20, …Is it all huawei phones that are not getting updates including mate 20, p30 ?

I wish I could get an idea of this.

I'm sensing no phone will get any updates
Edited by: "Gollywood" 20th Aug
41707048-akrQY.jpgAccording to this article it should be fine... But I'm happy to see information those pre may 2019 phones won't be updated as this may affect me
personally I'd recommend the p30 pro. I've gone from a p20 pro to the p30 pro, and while the p20 pro is amazing, the p30 pro is somehow even better.
twitter.com/Hua…706

Software and security updates will not be affected by the expiration of the license. It looks like Huawei will be using AOSP to deliver updates, as I believe they already do for HMS devices. Apps will continue to receive updates from the Google Play Store if your device runs GMS.
daastle20/08/2020 01:17

personally I'd recommend the p30 pro. I've gone from a p20 pro to the p30 …personally I'd recommend the p30 pro. I've gone from a p20 pro to the p30 pro, and while the p20 pro is amazing, the p30 pro is somehow even better.

Hmmm. Would love to get another Huawei having been impressed with my Mate 10 pro but I'm just unsure how well it'll be supported with security updates. Hopefully when Trump is kicked out we'll get back to better relations with the Chinese
Post a comment
@
    Text