Groups

Replace/ Repaid turnaround time

I'm hoping someone here can help me.
    Does anyone know if there is a legislated turnaround time for a company to repair/ replace a faulty item?
    I bought and Acer monitor from Amazon in March, which developed a fault. I contacted Amazon late October who suggested contacting Acer to speed up the process. So I contacted Acer. After a few e-mails back and forth to confirm details they agreed to pick it up for repair, and told me it would be lifted within a few days. I boxed the monitor up, and over a week later a courier arrived for it. Two weeks on from that I sent Acer an e-mail asking for an update and I was informed that no parts were available to fix it, so I would be put on the list for a replacement which should take 10-15 working days. Yesterday was 15 working days up, so I contacted Acer today who have informed me there is still no change in the status of the replacement ticket.

It's now over 6 weeks from they told me to box my monitor up, surely that isn't an acceptable timeframe to find a solution? Other than never buy another Acer product in my life, what can I do from here?

5 Comments

Request a new one.

You shouldn't be dealing with the manufacturer at all - it's up to Amazon to sort you out. Your contract is with them.

Yup, 28days is what we used to allow for such repairs/replacements at my old work place. After that the customer would be offered a replacement or refund of the current value.

It's up to you...
    - Ask Acer for a brand new one (they will likely refuse)
    - Contact Amazon and ask for a credit voucher/replacement (they are unlikely to consider an outright refund without a fight)
    - If you paid by credit card you can contact the issuer and ask them for a full refund (this will still take 3-4weeks, bearing in mind the Christmas/New Year holidays)

I suggest asking Amazon to replace it with a brand new one from their own stock, it will be the quickest.

Tbh amazon will probably give a straight up refund, they have a great customer service team.

I had an eee pc netbook which broke about 5 mths after i bought it. Called amazon, sent it back, they sent me a straight refund (even though they were now cheaper to buy elsewhere)

SUMMONER;7302369

Yup, 28days is what we used to allow for such repairs/replacements at my … Yup, 28days is what we used to allow for such repairs/replacements at my old work place. After that the customer would be offered a replacement or refund of the current value.It's up to you...- Ask Acer for a brand new one (they will likely refuse)- Contact Amazon and ask for a credit voucher/replacement (they are unlikely to consider an outright refund without a fight)- If you paid by credit card you can contact the issuer and ask them for a full refund (this will still take 3-4weeks, bearing in mind the Christmas/New Year holidays)I suggest asking Amazon to replace it with a brand new one from their own stock, it will be the quickest.

Original Poster

Thanks All.

That gives me a few more avenues to explore anyway.

Merry Christmas all
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force2137
      2. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would30123
      3. Spotify Family Premium share823
      4. 3x Now TV Sky Sports Day Passes to Giveaway1616

See more discussions