Replace Samsung TV screen or buy a new TV?

Posted 28th Apr
I have a 5 year old Samsung 46" 3D TV. Accidentally damaged the screen this morning. I know 3D is passé but I still enjoyed occasional 3D Blurays.

I am in dilemma, should I get the screen replaced, or invest in 4K HDR. What do you recommend?

Also, do you know any reliable screen repair company?

Thank you all in advance.

3221716-WeRPG.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Have you priced up a replacement panel yet? If not, I've a feeling you'll be looking at getting a new TV once you see the price of fixing your old TV.
5 Comments
Have you priced up a replacement panel yet? If not, I've a feeling you'll be looking at getting a new TV once you see the price of fixing your old TV.
Time for a new one ......or if you like 3D that much then look at 2nd hand options
A five year old 46’ tv is worth about £150 it will cost a lot more than that to fix it.

I would but buy a new one. Tvs have come on a long way in 5 years. You will get a lot more features, lower power consumption and a warranty.
Bear in mind your home contents insurance could cover it if you have accidental damage ,especially "new for old " ?
rogparki1 h, 18 m ago

Bear in mind your home contents insurance could cover it if you have …Bear in mind your home contents insurance could cover it if you have accidental damage ,especially "new for old " ?

Maybe but by time excess is paid and increase in future premiums is it really worth claiming for a tv that can be replaced fir about £400
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions