Replace screen Redmi Note 4X

Found 22nd MayEdited by:"wellhellothere"
Anyone replaced a screen on a Redmi Note 4X, any pointers welcome.
Community Updates
Ask
6 Comments
Try looking on utube,, there are usually videos to help with almost everything, I found several showing me how to replace the screen on the wifes g5, went to a well known site , got a replacement with tools for 8.00, ( the shop wanted 80.00 to do the job ) granted had to wait a while for the long distance delivery but it did the job and she has it back working fine.
Credit to telrea for the following. I did not get to follow it as I went and lost the phone! Cheers Si

Link to the screen protector if you have the black version it fits perfect,and still leaves the screen nice and responsive

aliexpress.com/ite…5CY
You need to know if its the screen only or the digitizer also, both can be purchased relatively cheaply on ebay.
As above i looked on youtube redmi screen and it seemed too difficult to do myself. Maybe other brand are easier?
I purchased the screen, but all the local shops wanted min ££60 to replace, so i ended up buying a new Redmi.

Someone else here mentioned said they were charged £20 to replace, i wasnt so lucky and went to a fair few shops.
So before you purchase anything - go to the the local repair shops show them the phone and find out how much they will charge you to replace, if you provide them the replacements screen.
Sandy10121 h, 3 m ago

You need to know if its the screen only or the digitizer also, both can be …You need to know if its the screen only or the digitizer also, both can be purchased relatively cheaply on ebay.As above i looked on youtube redmi screen and it seemed too difficult to do myself. Maybe other brand are easier?I purchased the screen, but all the local shops wanted min ££60 to replace, so i ended up buying a new Redmi.Someone else here mentioned said they were charged £20 to replace, i wasnt so lucky and went to a fair few shops. So before you purchase anything - go to the the local repair shops show them the phone and find out how much they will charge you to replace, if you provide them the replacements screen.

Yes looks like a big job, local fixer wanted £125 to replace screen, phone was only £100, think I just need the digitizer, dropped the phone from about 2 foot and it landed smack down on the glass and shattered.
wellhellothere20 m ago

Yes looks like a big job, local fixer wanted £125 to replace screen, phone …Yes looks like a big job, local fixer wanted £125 to replace screen, phone was only £100, think I just need the digitizer, dropped the phone from about 2 foot and it landed smack down on the glass and shattered.

The screen and digitizer are two different parts, if the phone still works with the screen broken then you only need the glass but if its doesn't then you need both.
st8mike18 m ago

The screen and digitizer are two different parts, if the phone still works …The screen and digitizer are two different parts, if the phone still works with the screen broken then you only need the glass but if its doesn't then you need both.

Phone works perfect, using it now. Thanks for that.

Edit, looks like they only sell the glass with the digitizer on ebay.
Edited by: "wellhellothere" 22nd May
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants