Replacement Cupboard Door Style

Posted 21st Dec 2019
Hi all,

So after the having the “best tenants ever” moving out after 5 years, I let my property out to a new tenant for the past 6 months who’s now left as of last week THANK GOODNESS

A lot of cosmetic damage which can be rectified but one kitchen cupboard (under the sink cupboard) has had some sort of water leak in there and I guess needs to be replaced. Does anyone know where I can get this style of door front from please? Thank you so much x

3370994-qTUv8.jpg

3370994-8RZFo.jpg

3370994-uUjvS.jpg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

11 Comments
Door front looks fine. Inside just looks like it needs a good scrub

if you must replace, these are great

kitchendoorworkshop.co.uk/?gc…wcB

or try B&Q as might get one off the shelf to size
Edited by: "chocci" 21st Dec 2019
looks like plain white contiplas (does that still exist?) - so buy the sallext you can find, cut to fit - utilise existing fiitings
As above, try giving it a good clean inside with CIF.
If you can’t get everything off - use a bit of white emulsion so that it looks better.
The door looks fine, just looks mucky...
Douglas_Birks21/12/2019 16:09

The door looks fine, just looks mucky...

I don't think that's the door at issue (picture 3). Would help if the op posted a picture of the front of it. If it's just the inside bottom, I would just sand that off.
Edited by: "chocci" 21st Dec 2019
chocci21/12/2019 17:32

I don't think that's the door at issue (picture 3). Would help if the op …I don't think that's the door at issue (picture 3). Would help if the op posted a picture of the front of it. If it's just the inside bottom, I would just sand that off.

Thank you everyone for all replies. Appreciate it. No, the photo isn’t the front of that actual cupboard.

The reason I didn’t take the photo of that actual cupboard is because isn’t closing fully. It closes half way only, then the inside (where the hinges are) bends backwards on itself so the door bounces back.
buy a new hinge and clean the door
Try cleaning the area with bleach and water and once all the mould stains have disappeared I would go from there. Changing a sink unit is quite a bit of work. It would most likely involve removing the kitchen sink. If you did decide to change the unit you could just use this door on the new kitchen unit as they made to a standard size. Lots of companies on eBay that just sell the carcase. Glad the tenants moved on . And thanks to the governments 1 month deposit scheme I'm guessing all cost where recovered .
Edited by: "kash2013" 21st Dec 2019
kash201321/12/2019 19:51

Try cleaning the area with bleach and water and once all the mould stains …Try cleaning the area with bleach and water and once all the mould stains have disappeared I would go from there. Changing a sing unit is quite a bit of work. It would most likely involve removing the kitchen sink. If you did decide to change the unit you could just use this door on the new kitchen unit as they made to a standard size. Lots of companies on eBay that just sell the carcase. Glad the tenants moved on . And thanks to the governments 1 month deposit scheme I'm guessing all cost where recovered .

Thank you, I shall take another look at it tomorrow. Yeah, deposit covered all the damage
Hennah21/12/2019 19:46

Thank you everyone for all replies. Appreciate it. No, the photo isn’t the …Thank you everyone for all replies. Appreciate it. No, the photo isn’t the front of that actual cupboard. The reason I didn’t take the photo of that actual cupboard is because isn’t closing fully. It closes half way only, then the inside (where the hinges are) bends backwards on itself so the door bounces back.

In that case, you'll need to replace the vertical formica hinge support. Should be easy to get a piece to match and screw it in from underneath and a bracket for the top part
chocci21/12/2019 20:18

In that case, you'll need to replace the vertical formica hinge support. …In that case, you'll need to replace the vertical formica hinge support. Should be easy to get a piece to match and screw it in from underneath and a bracket for the top part

That’s perfect. Thank you for your time and help x
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions