Groups

Replacement for LG G3

My G3 fell from a great height (mainly due to my lankiness) and is now beyond repair.
    Looking for a replacement around £150-250. Would prefer a slightly smaller screen and preferably 1080p. Doesn't seem to be a fantastic amount of deals around at the moment. Xperia Z5 compact looks good but a bit expensive and screen a bit low res.
    Honor 5c/Moto G4/Nexus 5X sound good, but I always found the G3 slightly laggy and they don't seem like much of an upgrade over G3, so would be worried about smoothness.

22 Comments

LG G4?! loved mine....so much so I got a G5!

I have the Nexus 5x and have found it to be really smooth even compared to the Galaxy S6 which has an extra gig of ram.

Original Poster

jamierichardson129

I have the Nexus 5x and have found it to be really smooth even compared … I have the Nexus 5x and have found it to be really smooth even compared to the Galaxy S6 which has an extra gig of ram.

I think it probably will be the 5X.

MIDURIX

I think it probably will be the 5X.

​Just be aware that the 5X doesn't terribly Good battery life.

stoney73

​Have

Original Poster

I think I want something around £250 due to 5X, G4, 5c not being much of an improvement. Any ideas?

stoney73

​My 5x has much better battery life than my S6

stoney73

​If you buy any phone on the Internet from Carphone Warehouse they allow you to turn it on and try it and if you still dont like it, return it for a full refund.

LG 4

go for a one Plus 3. Available in gold is well now

Original Poster

WajAllRound

go for a one Plus 3. Available in gold is well now

£20 more now though. Which is a bit upsetting.

The LG4 was around 250 the other day? also, the Honor 7 is a decent buy at 220 from vmall.

jamierichardson129

​My 5x has much better battery life than my S6

The battery life on the S6 is really poor to be fair.

Original Poster

Might wait and see what the new Motoroala Z phones and new Nexus phones are like.

MIDURIX

Might wait and see what the new Motoroala Z phones and new Nexus phones … Might wait and see what the new Motoroala Z phones and new Nexus phones are like.

​Yes. I'm waiting for the new Nexus phones for maybe a replacement for my Galaxy S5.

The 6P and One Plus think are going to be a little big for me and the 5X only comes in 32gb with no expandable memory (my S5's memory is rammered along with the 64gb memory card I have in it (and no I don't want to have to rely on the cloud for my music and photos)).

Dragon32

​Yes. I'm waiting for the new Nexus phones for maybe a replacement for my … ​Yes. I'm waiting for the new Nexus phones for maybe a replacement for my Galaxy S5.The 6P and One Plus think are going to be a little big for me and the 5X only comes in 32gb with no expandable memory (my S5's memory is rammered along with the 64gb memory card I have in it (and no I don't want to have to rely on the cloud for my music and photos)).

When are the new Nexus phones due?

Just another opinion but... I would recommend you downsize and find a used LG G2 in good condition you would only need to spend 40-60 and there prob be deals if you look around. I say this because saw recent vid and actually it seems the LG G2 actually performed faster or on par with the later versions in terms of load time and responsiveness.

I'm on a LG G3 though, mines rooted. I don't need it for much so im happy. Even these go for £50-80. Compared to the LG G2, this has retained its price despite a unremovable battery mainly because it has a good built and much easier to root.

Alternatively I would go for a OnePlus they've been rated quite well lately or the cheaper option is Xiaomi or Umi brands. Or even Samsung.

As a side note WTD zero lemon battery and case for lg g3 PM
    Edited by: "makemakemaker" 8th Aug 2016

gsj87

When are the new Nexus phones due?

​Prob in the next couple of months:

pcadvisor.co.uk/new…29/

I went LG G3 -> Nexus 5x simply because my LG was broken (my fault). Very comparable phones, the G3 had a bit more oomph but the Nexus 5x is still a nice phone. Decided I didn't want to pay a premium for the latest generation and took advantage of the recent price drops.

Xperia Z phones are superb

Original Poster

Managed to get a Samsung S6 32GB for a bit under £200, that should do me.

Thanks for the help everyone!

can anyone recommend a good smart phone (preferably a phablet for 100) must be brand new as I need to buy it for my niece.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?38
      2. What's the most impressive 4k / UHD film you have seen at home?55
      3. iPhone x53
      4. Led light bulbs. Never used them, what do I need to know?914

See more discussions