Groups

Replacement or Refund-Can anyone help please?

Bought my daughter Elmo Live for half price in the Sainsburys sale just before Christmas.
    Its went kaput and they have offered me a full refund. Obviously id prefer a replacement as its going to be more expensive to buy a new one.
    Just wondered if I had any sort of right to ask for a replacement or if a refund is as good as it gets!
    TIA...

18 Comments

Do they still have them?

If they still have them, then they would rather keep your money and give you another elmo

Original Poster

Sorry that would help-yes theyre still for sale on the website

Did you buy it instore or online?

buy it online and return the faulty one for full refund;-)

meshosa;7991786

buy it online and return the faulty one for full refund;-)

The receipt shows the cost for less than the one online. She would have to pay more money for the same item.

If it is faulty you have the right to request a replacement under the sale of goods act.

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;7991656

If they still have them, then they would rather keep your money and give … If they still have them, then they would rather keep your money and give you another elmo

No, they emailed me to say they could only do a refund-think because theyre double the price I paid now!

Thanks for all the replies btw-starting to rep :thumbsup:

karri123;7991872

No, they emailed me to say they could only do a refund-think because … No, they emailed me to say they could only do a refund-think because theyre double the price I paid now!Thanks for all the replies btw-starting to rep :thumbsup:

Oh, I thought you meant instore - I would phone them if I were you, tell them it's your daughter's favourite toy and she's really upset about it :thinking:

Original Poster

I bought it online.

Thanks StudentJo-will google that

Rep left for everyone

electriclinux;7991814

The receit shows the cost for less than the one online. She would have to … The receit shows the cost for less than the one online. She would have to pay more money for the same item.

sorry I didn't make my self clear. I was suggesting the return of faulty one to the online order and keeping the working one. Postage will be extra cost. I think threatining with sale of goods act would be a better option. Better call central customer services.

Yep play the sad daughter card

Original Poster

electriclinux;7991963

Yep play the sad daughter card

Will give it a go ;-)

karri123;7991932

I bought it online.Thanks StudentJo-will google that :)Rep left for … I bought it online.Thanks StudentJo-will google that :)Rep left for everyone

berr.gov.uk/fil…pdf

Go to page 6, note that it says consumer can choose.

Original Poster

Thank you for that :thumbsup:

karri123;7992203

Thank you for that :thumbsup:

No problem! Hope you get it sorted, they are being a bit naughty in my opinion :thumbsup:

Write to the CEO (Justin King) tell him that you're appalled by the way you were dealt with in store followed by the story £5 says you'll have a replcement through the post in not time.

J Sainsbury plc
    33 Holborn
    London
    EC1 N2HT

They should have gave you the choice in the first place - i work in retail and they have to give you a choice of having your money back or having a replacement if its faulty, just tell them straight that you would like a new one as the other ones faulty
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Fifa 18 web app Now active.44
      2. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1930
      3. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…3078
      4. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7201356

See more discussions