Expired

Replacing BT HH 6 With Billion Modem Router

Found 17th Jun
hi, just bought a modem router to replace the god awful HH. From what i read, clearly wrongly, it was supposed to be a case of just installing and it should just simply rplace it and id be off to the races. Cant get connection to the internet. Not really sure what i configure. Anyone else replaced there homehub can give me some insight on what they did to configure it?
Community Updates
AskComputers
6 Comments
You should have watched Super Shoppers on Thursday, on Channel 4.
They compared routers to those sent by broadband providers and the Home Hub came out top and was as good as buying a well known brand one.
Can't remember which ones they tested.
They only recommended upgrading router if your old broadband supplied router was 2+ years old, as technology has improved.
you will need to login to the router and input your isp settings ,i had to do that when i exchanged a talktalk router.
As above, you will need to connect the new router the same way the HH was connected and then access the login page of the router and enter your bt login details in the router settings.
i think i bought one waith far too many configurations, couldnt get it to work so gonna go for one which is slightly easier to use. Thanks, it just blows my mind why BT would take away Modem Only mode. thanks for the answers
sonofgojira1 h, 34 m ago

i think i bought one waith far too many configurations, couldnt get it to …i think i bought one waith far too many configurations, couldnt get it to work so gonna go for one which is slightly easier to use. Thanks, it just blows my mind why BT would take away Modem Only mode. thanks for the answers

Exchanging it for another won't solve your problem. You still need to login to the new one and put your broadband details in.
from what i've seen Billions are one of the best for auto-detection of line settings so a "simpler" one may actually be more difficult to configure
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions