Replacing Cooker Element...

Posted 27th Sep
Hi all.

So the cooker element kicked the bucket after 4 years.

I've bought a replacement part online but recently found out its 2100w , and the one I took out is 2000w.

That's all good, right?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

9 Comments
It might be down to the unit that supplies controled power to the ring, can you check that?
esar27/09/2019 23:13

It might be down to the unit that supplies controled power to the ring, …It might be down to the unit that supplies controled power to the ring, can you check that?

Not sure what to check, sorry?
If it fits it'll be fine - I doubt you will notice the difference .No need to "over think" it - ignore comment 1.
Edited by: "rogparki" 27th Sep
I think you should be ok, probably find that the cooker can't output to the full 2100kw so no harm done
ArcAndPie27/09/2019 23:13

Not sure what to check, sorry?

Google being vague on this one, but I'd look on the back of the knob assembly, or perhaps find the specs for the control knob
Don't worry about it, just fit it, it'll be fine
It will be fine. Don't worry about overcooking either, the thermostat controls that.
You could try emailing Espares, they're pretty good in responding to questions.
Edited by: "Ringfinger" 28th Sep
Probably a good reason the one you removed was 2000w and not 2100w, ever heard of electrical fires? Overloading stuff is a big cause of that. Unless you know what you are doing, best advice get a sparks to do it.
Edited by: "thomasleep" 28th Sep
Your new element will be fine.
Heating elements are not made that precisely, a manufacturing tolerance of +/- 5% is typical so your old 2000W element might have been somewhere between 1900w and 2100W anyway, and your cooker would have been designed to allow for this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants