Expired

Replacing Front Door - With Rockdoor or Rocal Solid Door

Found 30th Jan 2014
Looking for some consumer advice from the ever helpful HUKD community.

I hope to replace the timber front door at home to a composite door. So far I have been quoted the following from two fitters:

Rocal Endurance (Solid Timber Core) Composite Door - £1300
Rockdoor Ultimate Composite Door - £1400

Both include supply, fitting, 10 year guarantee, and same door furniture (letter plate, lever pad and secondary night latch).

Has anyone had any experience with the two products listed above. Open to alternatives.

Further technical info can be found here:
rocal.co.uk/dow…pdf
rockdoor.com/ult…ies
Community Updates
AskDoor
6 Comments
I supply and fit upvc windows etc, rockdoor was supposed to be the only one that was old bill proof, but I honestly don't know, firstly try shopping around , haggling with the supplier, as it sounds to me that the prices quoted are a bit exorbitant. I've supplied and fitted 50-100 composite doors, and not one has gone into 4 figures, don't forget you could get a new hardwood door made and fitted for the same price. I have a doorstop composite door in my house, it does the job, I couldn't warrant the expense you are operated to pay, also 10 year guarantee, look into that, as I think you will find it won't cover working parts (handle/lock) only the plastic frame and colourfastNess of the door skin, sorry to put a dampener on things,.
*prepared * not operated
Original Poster
rosscopark

I supply and fit upvc windows etc, rockdoor was supposed to be the only … I supply and fit upvc windows etc, rockdoor was supposed to be the only one that was old bill proof, but I honestly don't know, firstly try shopping around , haggling with the supplier, as it sounds to me that the prices quoted are a bit exorbitant. I've supplied and fitted 50-100 composite doors, and not one has gone into 4 figures, don't forget you could get a new hardwood door made and fitted for the same price. I have a doorstop composite door in my house, it does the job, I couldn't warrant the expense you are operated to pay, also 10 year guarantee, look into that, as I think you will find it won't cover working parts (handle/lock) only the plastic frame and colourfastNess of the door skin, sorry to put a dampener on things,.

Thank you very much. I have looked around Yale Doors quoted around £950, a few others too were below £1k. My only concern with the slightly cheaper doors is the energy rating and the quality of the door itself (usually D or E energy rated). Both the Rocal and Rockdoor appear to be solid and durable in the long term and both are highest security and energy rated (A).

I appreciate your comments, and will look into doorstop.
We have a rockdoor from their ultimate range which cost approx £1,400 but worth every penny. Looks great and is in keeping with my 1920's style home. Worth spending the extra on something you really want In my opinion.
Original Poster
Hopesmummy

We have a rockdoor from their ultimate range which cost approx £1,400 but … We have a rockdoor from their ultimate range which cost approx £1,400 but worth every penny. Looks great and is in keeping with my 1920's style home. Worth spending the extra on something you really want In my opinion.

I am leaning towards the Rockdoor, especially since their designs are really unique and really keep with the traditional 1920's appearance of my house. I have just got a few quotes from Doorstop they too are in the region of £1200, I've come to the conclusion all doors start at around £700 but with add on's (glass options etc..) quickly rise above the £1k mark. I think I will go with the Rockdoor in the end, thanks for your opinion Hopesmummy.
I've shopped around for a Rockdoor &/or Composite door. Found out there's not much difference. Even tried to buy doors & get a separate installer. Works out more sometimes.
The best company i've found up to know is AlexanderWindow.Co.UK. For the Rockdoor fitted Inc vat & all accessories comes to £1k. I seen there work all over & friends have used them. They used to be more expensive compared to other companies. Read there specs on the products your buying or wanting. I myself have decided to go with them. Seen friends & families & there very neat, clean & do a fantastic job. Worth every penny. Jx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants