Replacing oven door seal

Found 8th Feb
I have a BEKO built in oven and the door seal is leaking, can feel air escaping when the door is closed and the fan oven is on. The seal that is on it is only secured in the four corners, everywhere else it's just flapping around loose. I thought maybe it needed some special heat resistant glue to keep it in place. Just spent 15 minutes using BEKO's live chat service and got nowhere. They say the seals are supplied with hooks not glue but I can't see any signs of hooks on the existing one and new seals don't come with fitting instructions. Anybody fitted one before?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
There should be four hooks (one on each corner of the oven once the old seal is removed). You need to cut the four pieces of the new seal slightly smaller than the width and length of the oven so that it stretches. Push the hooks into the seal pieces and refit.

Some ovens only have a three sided seal.
Edited by: "Predikuesi" 8th Feb
If you get a new seal for your oven you will see the four small metal pins (one in each corner) if you gently pull away each corner of the old seal you will see the small hole that the pin sits in. A new seal will be much tighter and shouldn't need any glue to keep it in place. If sounds like the old seal is well worn and therefore saggy. It will all become clear after you remove the old seal.
Predikuesi1 h, 43 m ago

There should be four hooks (one on each corner of the oven once the old …There should be four hooks (one on each corner of the oven once the old seal is removed). You need to cut the four pieces of the new seal slightly smaller than the width and length of the oven so that it stretches. Push the hooks into the seal pieces and refit. Some ovens only have a three sided seal.

So the new seal comes in four separate pieces? The website spares page just shows a roll of rubber so I assumed it was one piece. I guess I'll order one and see what turns up. Thanks for the replies both.
jaketheplumber2 m ago

So the new seal comes in four separate pieces? The website spares page …So the new seal comes in four separate pieces? The website spares page just shows a roll of rubber so I assumed it was one piece. I guess I'll order one and see what turns up. Thanks for the replies both.

It is on a roll, but you cut it to size. I will add a video below this post when I find it.
youtu.be/peY…4x0

Most ovens are the same with regards to the seal
Some of the universal type seals come in pieces so you can cut to size and will fit loads of different ovens. A beko seal should be one piece of rubber with the pins already in place.
Predikuesi27 m ago

https://youtu.be/peY5FhjM4x0Most ovens are the same with regards to the …https://youtu.be/peY5FhjM4x0Most ovens are the same with regards to the seal

That's a very detailed video, I think even I will be able to follow that. Beko have said they come with no instructions so I'll just have to see how much they stretch before I do any cutting. Thanks again.
I bought universal seal off ebay and fitted. Better if you can get the exact replacement but for our old oven it was £70 ... Stuff that so £30 off ebay.. It's OK. Door sticks out 2mm more than it should but seals now. I'm happy with it.. Follow advice here and get on YouTube
I got a replacement original seal from Beko spares, took 5 days from order to delivery and about 10 minutes to fit. Job done, cheers everyone who replied.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants