Replacing partial dentures ! London emergency

Posted 30th Jun
Hi all

My mum needs replacing her partial dentures for the upper teeth.

I have no experience with this but need to help her replace them within a month as she is travelling

We are based in london.

Anyone know a cost effective way to replace them in london.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Rob
Community Updates
Ask
10 Comments
I can drive her if it’s not London course.
They normally take 3 weeks from dental visit.
Getting dental appointment will be the hard bit.
fearona30/06/2020 15:12

They normally take 3 weeks from dental visit.Getting dental appointment …They normally take 3 weeks from dental visit.Getting dental appointment will be the hard bit.

With a doctor now he is asking stupid money to replace partial dentures
She needs to replace clip on ceramic dentures .. anyone knows a good lab let me know please
So, even though it's an "emergency" and you can get them done - it's the fact it's going to cost too much that is stopping you...

No advice other than best get ringing round. That is the only way to find out. As @fearona says - it'll be tough though. Bad times for all. Hope you can get something sorted but perhaps 'bite the bullet' rather than face heartache?

Kind regards, Phsy.
Phsycronix30/06/2020 18:02

So, even though it's an "emergency" and you can get them done - it's the …So, even though it's an "emergency" and you can get them done - it's the fact it's going to cost too much that is stopping you...No advice other than best get ringing round. That is the only way to find out. As @fearona says - it'll be tough though. Bad times for all. Hope you can get something sorted but perhaps 'bite the bullet' rather than face heartache?Kind regards, Phsy.

In the sense that she is flying in a month so would like it sorted before or it will be a few months later when she gets back
Phsycronix30/06/2020 18:02

So, even though it's an "emergency" and you can get them done - it's the …So, even though it's an "emergency" and you can get them done - it's the fact it's going to cost too much that is stopping you...No advice other than best get ringing round. That is the only way to find out. As @fearona says - it'll be tough though. Bad times for all. Hope you can get something sorted but perhaps 'bite the bullet' rather than face heartache?Kind regards, Phsy.

I been calling & emailing, it was done in Glasgow for 10 years so don’t know any good labs in london, looking for a recommendation as there is a lot of cowboys in london.
It was costing less than 250 in Glasgow for 10 years, first place I asked for a price today in london said 4000£ after a consultation that we paid 100£ for in person for so thought I will ask around
BigStart30/06/2020 18:57

I been calling & emailing, it was done in Glasgow for 10 years so don’t k …I been calling & emailing, it was done in Glasgow for 10 years so don’t know any good labs in london, looking for a recommendation as there is a lot of cowboys in london. It was costing less than 250 in Glasgow for 10 years, first place I asked for a price today in london said 4000£ after a consultation that we paid 100£ for in person for so thought I will ask around

And I don't blame you in the slightest. So you went to a 'private' consultation? Dem's London prices! It sounds like it would be much cheaper to drive back to Glasgow and get them done.
Phsycronix30/06/2020 19:03

And I don't blame you in the slightest. So you went to a 'private' …And I don't blame you in the slightest. So you went to a 'private' consultation? Dem's London prices! It sounds like it would be much cheaper to drive back to Glasgow and get them done.

Yeah I actually suggested that but the lab is no longer in business
41262261-pfZ7F.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text