Replacing PS3 Hard Drive help

14 replies
Found 16th Feb 2011
Last night i replaced my 40 gig hd in my PS3 with a 320 gig one I did it all successfully and formatted new hd and re-installed gamesaves etc but when I went to sign in it came up with an error message saying "PSN username already exists on this system, please re-register under a new Username"
Can anyone help me with this please ?

14 Comments

Original Poster

ANYONE?

Did you select the option to use an existing account?

It sounds like you opted to create a new account with the same PlayStation Network (user)name as before (that, of course, already exists).

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

definately existing account mate thats why i don't get it

Original Poster

can i bump after a few hours?

I don't see how when you sign in it comes up with that message. It sounds like you are trying to register something?

What's the exact wording of the error, and the error code if there is one. No doubt other people would have had the same issue, so Google should throw up some forum discussions if you put in the error exactly as it is displayed.

Try reformat again, log into PSN, then restore your saves.

oldmanhouse

What's the exact wording of the error, and the error code if there is … What's the exact wording of the error, and the error code if there is one. No doubt other people would have had the same issue, so Google should throw up some forum discussions if you put in the error exactly as it is displayed.Try reformat again, log into PSN, then restore your saves.

If you use the (exact) search text (in quotes) in Google.com of:

"already exists on this system, please re-register under a new"

Guess how many threads you find including this one?

Yes, one.

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

The actual error message i get it off psn is “This account has already been associated with a different user on this system. Use a different account to register”

JBAUERBEATSJBOND

The actual error message i get it off psn is “This account has already b … The actual error message i get it off psn is “This account has already been associated with a different user on this system. Use a different account to register”

Which begs the question "Do you have another user on your PS3"

It's a shame you took so long to respond, and then didn't thank a single person for trying to help.

JBAUERBEATSJBOND

The actual error message i get it off psn is “This account has already b … The actual error message i get it off psn is “This account has already been associated with a different user on this system. Use a different account to register”

I think this is telling you to create a new Master account on your PS3, & then log-in to PlayStation Network using your existing account information.

Presumably you are still using the same Master account name (the name seen in the "Users" list in the XrossMediaBar on your console, not your PlayStation Network account name).

[img]farm1.static.flickr.com/102…jpg?v=0[/img]

Have you tried creating a completely new Master account?

BFN,

fp.

...or have you now changed your Master account from what was created initially on your PS3 before you reformatted the hard drive?

If so, can you create a new Master account with the same name as you used prior to the format?

BFN,

fp.

Original Poster

fanpages

...or have you now changed your Master account from what was created … ...or have you now changed your Master account from what was created initially on your PS3 before you reformatted the hard drive?If so, can you create a new Master account with the same name as you used prior to the format?BFN,fp.

thanks that orked a treat matey

fanpages

...or have you now changed your Master account from what was created … ...or have you now changed your Master account from what was created initially on your PS3 before you reformatted the hard drive?If so, can you create a new Master account with the same name as you used prior to the format?BFN,fp.

JBAUERBEATSJBOND

thanks that orked a treat matey

You're very welcome.

BFN,

fp.

Banned

you can register and de-register different systems on your ccount by logging onto the psn via pc
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. How to switch between open apps on an Android box22
    2. I have a pretty old sky router and the power lead needs replacing, is it li…79
    3. How do you transfer files to an Android device over wifi?57
    4. I just found out that I have been paying £65 p/m to sky for tv/broadband/la…89

See more discussions